GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark V Time Spliters!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 21:16
Regular
Ok this is mainly to all those who have played both (because there is no point in arguing if you haven't played both)

I have played both and i think byfar perfect dark is better what do you think?
Sat 09/12/00 at 02:32
I am not saying just saying that pd is better because it has more guns I dunno how many guns are in timespliters. its the guns that are in the game that is better like the "farsight" etc. and its more than just opinion on things like that everybosy who has played both knows that pd has better guns.

I like time spliters but the way i decieded was that the first time i played time spliters i stoped playing after about 1 and a half hours but with pd i got it at 8:00 on its realese and played it untill i fell asleep at about 3:00 am the next morning. but both are good games its just in comparisin that time spliters looks bad.
Wed 06/12/00 at 23:07
Regular
What's Time Splitters?
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Grix, this has got to be the first sensible letter you've ever written. WHY?
Anyway, Timesplitters sounds great, I would like to play it sometime but my mate isn't going to buy it anytime soon, but I still don't like the controllers on playstations, simple digital pads have been used on every console since the dawn of time, there should have been some improvment for comfortability!
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Exactly. Which is why shinobi could be wrong. Of course its all down to opinion?? I hate FF games.
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:42
Regular
The thoughts of most do not always mimic the truth .
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
There may be MORE guns on PDark, but according to everyone else who has played TimeSplitters (check PS2 forum), everyone else that TimeSplitters is great, including guns and gamplay. Maybe its just hard to master.
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:03
ant said

How can you say that without an explanation??? And the graphics are obviously better as it's on PS2.
Typical newbies. He probably thinks he's gonna win with that.

Ok newbie i don't think so just cause i haven't be posting dosn't mean i am a newbie i ahev been in spieical reserve since like 94 and i have been posting since 98 i just got fed up and then i started again.

i am sorry i haven't been online the past few nights to defend my arguement but i will now.

Ok time spliters may be faster but who wants faster, it dosn't make a game better (who playes pd in turbo mode?)

graphics- i dunno now they could be better than what they are, and graphics don't make a game either (grand theif auto)

now the gameplay pd wins by a mile cause its just way better, it handles better, the guns are wayyyyyy better, and the single player is better,harder and way more fun.

If you have any other arugments then just thrown them cause you haven't played both and until you do you can't say.
Mon 04/12/00 at 22:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ant, Timesplitters isn't better just because it's on the PS2, it's a big console but it's not at it's full potential yet, in a years time this game will look very simple.
Perfect Dark is using the most of the N64's power! it has a huge 256mb cart and has no bites of memory left!
Goldeneye was only using 99mbs of it's 128mb cart, thats not much when you think that there are 500mb carts out now.
In a years time games will be more advanced than they are now and you will see a vast difference.
Mon 04/12/00 at 21:10
Regular
I've heard that Timesplitters is meant to play like a Perfect Dark deathmatch (but faster with better graphics).
I personally prefer the stealth and mission objectives and sniping of Perfect Darks Solo. I suppose it's down to taste!
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:31
I like both Perfect Dark and Time Spliters as they are both as good as each other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.