GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aston Villa going to Nationwide football?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 11:33
Regular
As you may or may not know, I'm an Aston Villa supporter who is very worried.

Now who's fault is this? Is it the team or is it Graham Taylor?

Well in my opinion, John Gregory should never have been allowed to leave and I also think that Graham Taylor is not the right man for the Villa job. With John Gregory as manager last season, we were top of the table with Liverpool the only team that could overtake us with a game in hand. But this season with Graham Taylor, we are 14th, 3 points clear from bottom.

We have yet to score a goal away from home and have lost 6 out of our 10 Premiership games. Losing to our neighbours Birmingham is bad, but losing 3-0 to them is disgraceful. We have also lost to Southampton, Sunderland and Bolton, which are must win games.

Graham Taylor was very stupid getting rid of 2 of our best midfielders (George Boateng and Paul Merson) and then buying Mark Kinsella and Oyvind Leonhardson to replace them???

Now at that time Robbie Keane was available, so why didn't he try to buy him? We have got very good players at our club and they are not performing for us. All I am hoping is that we stay away from relegation, as 6 goals in 10 games says it all.
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
At the very start of the campaign I thought that Villa would be missing a real creative player in the centre of the park or even out wide having let Ginola go the previous season and Merson at the beginning of this season. I can't remember the exact reason for Merse leaving but he's certainly proved he's not past it even with the arduous task of having to play more games.

I was reading David Seaman's autobiography earlier and from what he said about Graham Taylor it seemed he was clueless as a tactical manager and brought a negative ethos into the team by asking them to do things like kick the ball into touch from the kick-off. Changes are of the essence and a new manager is what must be called for.
Tue 22/10/02 at 19:27
Regular
As a disgruntled Villa fan, i'd say the root of the problem is Mr.Taylor.

Individuals int he team are giving 100%, but collectively we arent performing, and its Taylors fault.

I'll just pick out a few examples, he plays 7 yes 7 defenders aganist Birmingham.

He also takes Lee Hendrie off on Monday, just about our only creative midfielder on the park.

We need more creativity in the midfield, Samuel looks good on the ball but his end products are poor, as is the case with Barry.
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Yeah, I was thinking that he was getting browner. Must be on those sunbeds all the time.

I think we need some good midfielders to help the frontline out. We got some very good strikers who are struggling to find the back of the net. Vassell, Allback, Angel, Crouch and Balaban.

Michael Boulding scored on his debut in the Inter-toto Cup, then Taylor sent him to Sheffield United, where he scored on his debut there. Makes no sense to me on why he isn't in the Villa squad.

It will be even worse on Saturday when we play you lot at Old Trafford. Just hope that Allback and Vassell play together up front and we better watch out for Solskjaer and Van Nistlerooy.
Tue 22/10/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, just think... Villa fans were praising Graham Taylor when he first returned to Villa Park as Manager, and now many of these same fans are already calling for his head!

But you can't really blame them on the bad form you are having.
And I have to agree with you on the fact that he HAS made some big-mistakes in the Transfer Market this season, which has vastly-weakened the once potentially-strong squad.

I've never really considered Villa as possible Relegation Candidates untill now, and it doesn't seem like this run of bad form will soon be over quickly. Something needs to be done...
It looked last-night as if you were lacking fire-power in the attack, even with both Dublin and Vassell there.

You miss Merson!

And is it just me or does Lee Hendrie seem to get even-browner every year??
He'll be a full-on black person next season! ;)
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Baros!!!"
As you may or may not know, I'm an Aston Villa supporter who is very worried.

Now who's fault is this? Is it the team or is it Graham Taylor?

Well in my opinion, John Gregory should never have been allowed to leave and I also think that Graham Taylor is not the right man for the Villa job. With John Gregory as manager last season, we were top of the table with Liverpool the only team that could overtake us with a game in hand. But this season with Graham Taylor, we are 14th, 3 points clear from bottom.

We have yet to score a goal away from home and have lost 6 out of our 10 Premiership games. Losing to our neighbours Birmingham is bad, but losing 3-0 to them is disgraceful. We have also lost to Southampton, Sunderland and Bolton, which are must win games.

Graham Taylor was very stupid getting rid of 2 of our best midfielders (George Boateng and Paul Merson) and then buying Mark Kinsella and Oyvind Leonhardson to replace them???

Now at that time Robbie Keane was available, so why didn't he try to buy him? We have got very good players at our club and they are not performing for us. All I am hoping is that we stay away from relegation, as 6 goals in 10 games says it all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.