GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Answer to all your Memory Card Problems"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 10:46
Regular
if you are in here you obviously have acces to a pc, so go to this web site http://www.gamesx.com/mccap/ and you will find the info for making a cable and the software to save all your PS1 game saves onto your PC and YES IT DOES WORK my friend that gave me the site address has done a few already but instead of striping a PS or Multitap as they say he has put the wires into the PS and attaced them to the memory card block and put a plug on the side of the PS which you plug the cable into. you can do it 2 ways you can draw power from the parralel port so you only need the PS beside the PC or if you dont draw power from the Parralel port you will need your PS pluged into the mains to power the Memory Card. you can save individual game saves or a whole card at a time then email them to friends if you wish. Just another point Sony are ripping us off when they say they are 1meg. as thay are only 128k. and 1meg is 1000k in metric or 1024k in standard mesurement where as the PS2 card is a true 8000k metric.my fried has said that he has seen a commercialy made cable for PS2 cards but he has to find the site were he saw it. BEST OF LUCK
Mon 04/12/00 at 06:30
Does anyone know where i can download any software to hack game saves or alter them with codes
Mon 04/12/00 at 02:23
well i cant b bothered to take my PS2 downstairs to my computer everytime i wanna play when i can play in my nice my chair or bed
Sun 03/12/00 at 23:58
Wookiee is right about the PS2 memory card. It is most definitely 8 MEGABYTES.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:54
"High polygon count"
Ah, I see what you mean.

Well, it's no longer the case with PS2 cards - definitely 8 megabytes.

So they're not 8 times the size of PS1 cards, they're actually 64 times larger.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:44
Regular
I've been saving PS1 games to my PC for ages. I have a X-plorer FX cheat cartridge, on it their is a connector cable that connects to the PC if you have the right cable . Download a piece of software then you can transform saves onto the PC or from PC to PS1. Also you can type out the cheats on the PC and then send them to the cartridge. Change the save game logos and everything. So really you only need 1 memory card plus if the memory card gets wiped just reload from the PC. I get saves for the Dreamcast off the internet aswell.
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Console memory cards are measured in bits not bytes. So a 1 MB card is actually 1 Mbit which is one eighth of a megabyte. Which is 128k
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:28
yup weetbix is right the psx memory cards only store 128kb cos when using it on my PS2 it says there is only 128 kb
Sun 03/12/00 at 14:29
"High polygon count"
Where on earth have you got this figuer of 128K from?

PS1 memory cards are one megabyte - or 1024 kilobytes -divided into 15 blocks of approximately 68 kilobytes each.
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:06
Would you rater have a 1MEG Card (WHICH ARE ACTUALLY ONLY 128K AS I POINTED OUT)or a 10GIG or more storage space. The 2.99Pound you say they are is only around NZ$10 and they are more than that here (around $30-$39 for a Sony one) cheaper to make a cable
Sun 03/12/00 at 10:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Is it worth all that trouble when you can now buy 1meg memory cards for £2.99?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.