GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worrying"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/10/02 at 16:09
Regular
I am getting Worried. With the PS3 deep in development and the successor to the X - Box supposedly being made in the near future, where do the big N stand in all of this gravy?

I've heard many people discussing the GC being Nintendo's last ever 'proper' console. I hope this is down to a mis - interpretation of something somebody at Nintendo (I forget the name) said about concentrating on games rather than hardware.

Also, if the Playstation 3 and an 'X - Box 2' come out, lets say in late 2004, the money I spent on my GC will have not have gotten as much value as I hoped it would. Producers will be less likely to produce for the 'last generation' console, and it will probably end up like the PS1 has now, a tool for promotion of the latest kids films.

Also, the Game Boy Advance 2 is supposedly coming out in a year or 2's time. What about the original GBA? I haven't spent nearly £100 for something that I've spent less than 40 hours on and is soon going to be out of date.

I hope Nintendo are just going to plan it all out now, and bring it out when there is a potential competitor for the GBA.

Do Ninty not realise that 14 year olds don't have the money to buy new consoles every 2 or so years? Of are they just trying to stay 1 step ahead???

Tribute 2002
Sat 19/10/02 at 21:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Bazzman wrote:
> yeah well the GBA outsells the PS2.... LMFAO!!

And the Wonderswan Colour is outselling the X-Box.

The PS3 is supposedly out in 2005, not 2004, so that's three years left. X-Box 2 out in 2006, as they said "around the time fo the next World Cup". And if I know games companies, there will be mucho delays in between. Especially if the PS2 and XB are selling well.

Nintendo did say that the GameCube would most probably be their last major games console. They made an analogy to a chef who is cooking for a man who is full....or something.
Sat 19/10/02 at 14:52
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> this GBA 2 talk is mere rumours. What with the link up to the GC
> sorted, and loads of games planned, I can't see Nintendo releasing a
> new portable in less than a years time.

I loved the way EDGE made a big deal about having the facts about it in their next issue, then nom come along and some it up all in 2 lines, if that.
Contrast control and brighter screen, the end, i hope.

I wish nintendo would stop making console, i have my reasons...but i also have my homework...so c ya.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:39
"+ suspicious minds"
Bazzman wrote:
> yeah well the GBA outsells the PS2.... LMFAO!!

i dont rallyu think that is a fair comparison. they are both in completely different markets, the PS2 is a choice out of three consloles, and the GBA is the only one out in the handheld market. plus the GBA is cheaper than the PS2., so more people can affford it.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> £20 for Super Mariio Moonshine? Get on!
what the hell does that mean
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I didnt say that a 256 bit machine would make for better games, i merely said that in 5 years time i seriously doubt the GC will still be churning out games like it is now, and to think otherwise is foolish. 5 years is a long time and in gaming terms its an age unto itself.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:21
Regular
You won't see a PS3 until late 2004 and you won't see an X-box 2 until mid 2005, expect early 2006 for a new Nintendo system which they will be working on, they just dont splash it around.

As for GBA 2 it is an updated version of the GBA not a new Gameboy.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:17
Regular
"All about the Beats"
rabid wrote:
> I doubt that Nintendo will still be making games for the cube in 5
> years time, technology will have advanced alot in that time making the
> GC look quite dated.
>
> Im guessing that we will be playing 256 bit consoles within 5 years,
> infact im 99% certain of it.

Does this make for better games then? I dont think so
Sat 19/10/02 at 10:33
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I doubt that Nintendo will still be making games for the cube in 5 years time, technology will have advanced alot in that time making the GC look quite dated.

Im guessing that we will be playing 256 bit consoles within 5 years, infact im 99% certain of it.
Sat 19/10/02 at 10:17
Regular
"^_^"
The thing with those other Companies is, the Nintendo actually think of their customer where as Sega just keep revamping their console and churning it out. Microsoft, well enough there, they have no idea what customer relations actually is, lowering the price of a console by £100 just weeks after launch.

Nintendo however, well they think of everything we need, a wireless controller for example. Do not worry your self too much about these Rich Fools who only care about making more money and not providing the public with the satisfaction of actually playing games not being driven to get a Loan just to afford the new consoles.
Sat 19/10/02 at 08:38
Regular
"Festivus!"
£20 for Super Mariio Moonshine? Get on!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.