GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 with loading????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 01:51
Regular
I played the ps2 on tuesday for the first time and to my shock it had long loading time, as long or longer than the psx.

I have both the psx and the n64. The reason i play my nintendo more is because it does not have loading time i was thinking about getting a ps2 but i know now i am not. But can anyone tell me will the gamecube have long loading time?
Sat 02/12/00 at 01:51
I played the ps2 on tuesday for the first time and to my shock it had long loading time, as long or longer than the psx.

I have both the psx and the n64. The reason i play my nintendo more is because it does not have loading time i was thinking about getting a ps2 but i know now i am not. But can anyone tell me will the gamecube have long loading time?
Sat 02/12/00 at 13:47
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yes, it will.
Sat 02/12/00 at 13:58
Regular
Actually, Mr. Dog... : )

Nintendo are working very hard to make sure loading times are not a problem. It is VERY, I repeat, VERY unlikely that the loading times for the Gamecube will be as "slow" as the PS2.
Sat 02/12/00 at 14:18
Regular
According to my secret sources loading times will be a thing of the past when the Gamecube comes out!
Sat 02/12/00 at 14:32
Regular
Secret sauces? They talk to you?

Perhaps I'm not that insane after all...

Anyway, did you know about Nintendos "other" secret project? Humm?

Heh heh heh...

It's known as "Nintendo Online", I expect its a big online thing Nintendo are sorting out.

(Good analysis Grix. I doubt any person apart from you could work that out.)

Smart f-ing brain.
Sat 02/12/00 at 14:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The word from Tabasco says that Nintendo's secret is now out and that the secret 'online' thing is no longer a secret. Other news today:

Bill Gates releases snapshots of the X-Box sitting on his kitchen counter (or is it a toaster).
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Personally, I don't care about loading. As long as the game's good, then it's worth waiting.
Also, different games have different loading times. For instance: MGS loading time: a few seconds
In Cold Blood loading time: ABOUT 2 MINUTES!!!!!
So you don't know how long games will take to load, they're all different.
Sat 02/12/00 at 16:44
The worst loading time I have recently seen was Z, it took ages to load between levels on the PSX. Then there was FIFA 98, that took 15-30 seconds between games, a bit annoying but worth it. Better than the old days with the cassettes though, that could take 15-30 minutes for a game to load, and even then you were not guaranteed that it would work. Kids these days, don't know they're born, do they?
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:31
Regular
The worst one I've heard of is Mortal Kombat on the Playstation.

It actually loaded WHILE YOU WERE PLAYING!!

So as you were about to pull off a major combo, it would pause, and load, and when it had loaded you would be dead.

How bad is that?
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I hate that SOOOOOOOOOOO much, I would wait the extra time as long as it did not freeze during a game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.