GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My brothers playstation 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 00:42
Regular
I’ve had a great week, my brother just got his ps2 it's going 2 b his Christmas present, which is going to be fantastic.

So he got it on the day it came out, and he has a go on it and puts it away until Christmas (opening all the sealed packets). I’m a part time student and I only work at the weekend so I got a lot of free time on my hands, so every so often I find my self ... drifting to where its being keep and oops I happen to start playing on it. So I’m playing on his Christmas present call me evil, I don't care its really good.

But there isn't many games out at the moment and the ones he's ordered haven't be released yet, I getting board of the few games his got. I just think Sony screwed the release up, they should have had more games titles out at the release and defiantly more ps2. Maybe I should sell it, I heard of people buying ps2 for £1500, do u think my brother would prefer that???? should i ask him ??!
Sat 02/12/00 at 00:42
I’ve had a great week, my brother just got his ps2 it's going 2 b his Christmas present, which is going to be fantastic.

So he got it on the day it came out, and he has a go on it and puts it away until Christmas (opening all the sealed packets). I’m a part time student and I only work at the weekend so I got a lot of free time on my hands, so every so often I find my self ... drifting to where its being keep and oops I happen to start playing on it. So I’m playing on his Christmas present call me evil, I don't care its really good.

But there isn't many games out at the moment and the ones he's ordered haven't be released yet, I getting board of the few games his got. I just think Sony screwed the release up, they should have had more games titles out at the release and defiantly more ps2. Maybe I should sell it, I heard of people buying ps2 for £1500, do u think my brother would prefer that???? should i ask him ??!
Sat 02/12/00 at 09:37
Your brother would prefer £1500 I am sure, but you'd not get that for it at auction. Try for around £550 starting price. I do not agree when you say Sony should have brought out 'more' games because the sales would be even worse than they are! Yes they should have lept to their original figure of Ps2s - 165,000 instead of delivering less than 80,000, but they couldn't because of production problems.

If Sony had brought out some BETTER games then maybe you'd be happier. As it is, I think Timesplitters is meant to be the best game so far.

I've just played on Fifa 2001, and I can't believe how poor it is. The game is just SO SLOW!!!

RR5 - I've played it, my mate completed it in 3 hours and exchanged it because he thought it wasn't good at all.
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Apparently QXL are auctioning 150 PS2's. There's a lot of entrepeneurs out there trying to make a quick buck off the back of Sony, which as a gamer I find distasteful. But then, money IS money. Maybe we should be pre-ordering X-Box's now and hope that Microsoft run into production problems just after they launch, then we can do the same too. Now there's an idea....
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Never again shall I pre-order a console, not after the £100 price plummet of the N64.
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:39
that was the one moment that came close to ruining my life. you should have heard me scream. grrrrr, snipers aim at miyamoto.......;=;- BANG!
Sat 02/12/00 at 16:41
Hall, if I was your brother, and it was my PS2 you sold for £1500, I would hope that it would buy you a plane ticket to take you far enough out of my reach, because I would live up to my name. However, I am not your brother, so it is a mute point really. I don't think your brother would appreciate it, unless you used the £1500 to get him another PS2 on auction. Hmmm, you might even make a profit. Go on then, sell it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.