GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This better work! (Edgy735)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 19:29
Regular
My name should be 'thesniper' from now on!
Sat 02/12/00 at 12:13
Regular
Thanks!

Hey webmaster if you're reading this can you change the name edgy735 back to Edgy?

If you check the details of both registrations you'll find them exactly the same! The only difference is the email!

My old email [email protected] doesn't work anymore so I reregistered cos I couldn't get that email back up to change details in the account!

Ali if you're reading can you let the webmaster know?

Thanks!
Sat 02/12/00 at 00:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For Edgy: Cookie: From Encarta Online

"COMPUTING computer file containing user information: on the Internet or in a computer network, a file containing information about a user that is sent to the central computer each time a request is made. The server uses this information to customize data sent back to the user and to log the user's requests."

In essence, every time you visit a website, like this one, information about you from the previous visit you made is sent here, analysed, and sent back to you to your cookie file for this site. Most sites use them. I collect around 560 cookies per week, and delete them weekly too. Also, they enable the NEXT site you visit to find out what site you were at previously, although you can disable this (and cookies) if you would rather sites didn't know this kind of information about you. I would recommend "Teach Yourself The Internet" by Mac Bride if you want to glean up on it.

(Hodder & Stoughton ISBN 0-340-77279-4)
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:48
Regular
Hello, i am de sniper!
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They are programs that remember you passwords, usernames etc. If you clear them you could log on again and change the name!

I think don't trust the sheep at 11pm at night :)
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:44
Regular
What are the 'cookies'

I know they are computer files but what do they do and how will that solve my name problem?
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Win98 PC: Delete Cookies Routine:

Click Start
Click Find
Click Files/Folders
Type cookies*.*
Click Find

Computer will list all files containing your cookies.
Go through them deleting the necessary cookies, all if necessary.

Do not, by any means, type *.* and then 'delete', as this will delete all files on your disc.

IMac: Delete Cookies Routine:

Turn IMac off
Sell it
Buy a new one
Problem solved

FantasyMeister (IT correspondent for The Times)
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:44
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
You could clear your cookies and sign up again, but this will lose all your cookies so you might not want to do that.

Don't ask me how - I use a Mac.

Have you tried "Join Discussion" in the left hand side strip under the heading "About Special Reserve"
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:42
I'll sort it tomorrow
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:41
hmmmmmmmmm.......
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:40
First I'll try this!

If my name hasn't changed this time I'll ask him!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.