GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Go Or Not To Go"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 12:03
Regular
Ok I've been at Sixth Form for about a month now. I just got in you see, for some reason they wouldn't let me in and so I had to force my way in and hey it worked.

But now I'm on their list of people to chuck out again and overall I hate going to Sixth Form. Wake up every morning early, go in, sit around not do much, do a few lessons then come home with homework. It's like school all over again and I hate it.

So I'm thinking maybe I could quit befoe they chuck me out but what are the advantages and disadvantages?

I can tell you some of the advantages...

1. No more early mornings.

2. Time for a job and money so I can buy things without having to relie on my parents.

3. More time to practice guitar.

4. More time to practice singing.

5. More time to write my own music.

6. More time to play games.

7. More money to buy games.

8. More time to try and win games :-D

9. Less stressful time.

There's loads more but you get the point. You know I just don't want to be sitting in a classroom doing something I don't want to do for much of the time. The only thing I am scared about is when I actually do need the qualifications to do a certain job etc. But can't I just do smaller courses when I'm older to gain these? Say for I.T?!?

Money's the biggest problem right now and I'm struggling to balance Sixth Form yet alone a job. I feel so guilty using my parents money and I don't want to be stuck in some rubbish part time place.

So views please...
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:03
"Uzi Lover"
Ok I've been at Sixth Form for about a month now. I just got in you see, for some reason they wouldn't let me in and so I had to force my way in and hey it worked.

But now I'm on their list of people to chuck out again and overall I hate going to Sixth Form. Wake up every morning early, go in, sit around not do much, do a few lessons then come home with homework. It's like school all over again and I hate it.

So I'm thinking maybe I could quit befoe they chuck me out but what are the advantages and disadvantages?

I can tell you some of the advantages...

1. No more early mornings.

2. Time for a job and money so I can buy things without having to relie on my parents.

3. More time to practice guitar.

4. More time to practice singing.

5. More time to write my own music.

6. More time to play games.

7. More money to buy games.

8. More time to try and win games :-D

9. Less stressful time.

There's loads more but you get the point. You know I just don't want to be sitting in a classroom doing something I don't want to do for much of the time. The only thing I am scared about is when I actually do need the qualifications to do a certain job etc. But can't I just do smaller courses when I'm older to gain these? Say for I.T?!?

Money's the biggest problem right now and I'm struggling to balance Sixth Form yet alone a job. I feel so guilty using my parents money and I don't want to be stuck in some rubbish part time place.

So views please...
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
U can quit the 6th form, assuming u have some decent GCSE's - Take a year out and get a job. They find a university where u can do a course (e.g. computer science) use the money you made in your year out to fund your uni course and keep a part time job while you are at uni. Then theres no guilt, no 6th form and the qualifications you want! simple!

Is this any help?
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's up to you

I was thinking of chucking 6th Year as I hate it and getting a job for year then going to Uni... but I couldn't be bothered working.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Sixth form is evil. Lots of sitting around doing nothing, pointless rules, no variety, too many people who I would quite happily tear the eyes out of given the chance and the same annoying teachers.

But if I drop out, there's nowhere better to go and I wont have the A-levels to get into uni.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:25
"Uzi Lover"
My GCSE grades weren't that great as I didn't try as hard as I should of.

Drama - A

English - BB (shoulda been A)

Geography - C (She didnt let me do the higher paper?!? SO it was the highest I could get)

Graphics - C

R.E - C

Science - DD

German - D

Maths - D

See, pretty poop. I am taking Drama, I.T (they never let me do that for GCSE), English and Music Tech at Sixth Form.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Balls"
Sun 13/10/02 at 13:07
"Uzi Lover"
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:08
Regular
I'd stay in. I dropped out of sixth form, stupidest thing I ever did.
Ever...Except jumping off of that swing and landing like the Coyote from the roadrunner cartoons.
Anyways.

Full time jobs are really hard to come by and working part time sucks balls, belive me. I've been there.....unless you've got something already set up then you are one hell of a jammy git.

Oh and as soon as you get a job...Your parents will want rent.

Stay in school kids.

(Not one word of that made sense)
Oh do shut up, you're always picking on me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:09
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Drama - A>
> English - BB (shoulda been A)>
> Geography - C (She didnt let me do the higher paper?!? SO it was the
> highest I could get)>
> Graphics - C>
> R.E - C>
> Science - DD
> > German - D
> > Maths - D>
> See, pretty poop. .

I'd say they were pretty good.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Selected"
I'd say drop out of that 6th form and join a different college.

getting a job at the age your at now (even if it is your 2nd year of 6th form or not) would just suck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.