GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"question of all time HIT OR MISS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 19:46
Regular
Everyone who has got/played a playstation2 will know that it has good games graphics etc..but was it everything that you had hoped for..or do you wish that you got a dreamcast or just waited a little longer for the gamecube?

Do you think that the £300 for a PS2 was a bit on the unfair side?

And marks out of 10 what do you rate the DVD player?

I cant say 'casue I still don't have a PS2 but it will be interesting to see who thinks it was a HIT OR MISS.
Mon 04/12/00 at 08:58
HIT (ish)
8/10

As I bought the thing for games - I'd have to say hit. SSX is still amazing me and I am impatient for GT3....

If it had just been sold to me as a games console - great and 10/10.
The DVD issue has left me sorely disappointed though. To have a perfectly good machine deliberately crippled so it will only play green screen through an RGB connector is unforgivable. Also I do not have a widescreen TV (in fact this may be a surprise but I *don't* like widescreen TVs) and the picture seems to be set up for widescreen and despite what the instructions say, will not change. This means the picture is vertically stretched.
The S-video cable is not available, so I am stuck with the crappy composite picture.
Sony should be ashamed over the DVD issue. Alot of people justified the £300 because of the DVD capability.

Games console - 10/10
DVD player - 4/10

Overall - 8/10 (As games is what I really care about)
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:03
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
redbull, I may just do that!

Now, what game do I want....=P
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:43
Bulldog wrote:
> Hehehe, 5 0utta 5. One more day has gone..when will I get my
> letter from sony?

I ordered my PS2 on the 12/9/00 from Dixons.
They just don't wanna know. However, when paying my deposit, the lady with the PS2 folder guaranteed that I would receive my PS2 before christmas.
If it doesn't turn up then, I will expect some sort of compensation. I would recommend that others follow if they were told this. Causing a scene in one of their shops will normally get you a game out of them!
Sun 03/12/00 at 00:19
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Hehehe, 5 0utta 5. One more day has gone..when will I get my letter from sony?
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
HIT,HIT,HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!I think fifa is brill, if ya got it just score an own goal a few times an see what i mean.
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:35
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
make that 4 outta 4 poeple saying HITT now!!
Fri 01/12/00 at 09:55
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Hit!!
£300 for a PSX, DVD player and the most powerful games console on the world....? I'd say that's a fair price. The games are excellent and the DVD playback is great!! It's not gonna be as good as a £700 stand alone player, but it's better that VHS and it's an added extra. Out of 10 I'd give it 9 until GT3 et al are released!
Fri 01/12/00 at 07:24
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Oh, thats good 3outta3 people say HITT, which I am very pleased abut. Im off to see if the postman has got my final letter from sony now.

Later.
Thu 30/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
"Whatever!"
HIT!!! Most definatley a hit. I only have 2 PS2 games at the moment but have over 20 PSOne games and they all seem to run perfectly. I know for a fact that the games will come thick and fast and there will be a lot of quality on offer over the next few years. The £300 I think is reasonable when you weigh out the capabilities of the machine. The DVD runs fine but as I have never watched from a stand alone player I cannot say if it compares to them or not. I would give it 8 at the moment, sometimes a bit grainy but who cares??
I still think that the PS2 is the best item that I have ever spent money on and it has been well worth the wait even at this early stage!!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:16
"High polygon count"
A definite HIT in my case.

I had high hopes, and it's much better than even I expected; and that's without any absolutey mind-blowing launch titles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.