GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D - no, VR - no, cool hologram thing - YES"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 16:30
Regular
I know that the latest thing going around for the future of gaming is VR but I think that we can go one better than that, Holograms.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had some kind of see through box and inside it was a hologram projected by some kind of projector I suppose. This way you could see all around you and you could look down on a battle field and see everything. You could just walk around the box and see what was going on from all angles. It would be like having a mini battle field in your own home. You would be playing football and see the whole pitch and search ot a pass as you can see everything and not just a selected part of the screen this way it would be like seeing little tini people that looked real running about. You could be in a race and see the car 3D not just a 3D image on a screen that if you went to touch it it would be like reality.

I know that this technology is a bit far off but it is getting closer and Air Traffic Controllers are testing a scheme thich is similar to this but it would be like a tube standing upright. This proves that the technology is there if we want it!
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:30
I know that the latest thing going around for the future of gaming is VR but I think that we can go one better than that, Holograms.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had some kind of see through box and inside it was a hologram projected by some kind of projector I suppose. This way you could see all around you and you could look down on a battle field and see everything. You could just walk around the box and see what was going on from all angles. It would be like having a mini battle field in your own home. You would be playing football and see the whole pitch and search ot a pass as you can see everything and not just a selected part of the screen this way it would be like seeing little tini people that looked real running about. You could be in a race and see the car 3D not just a 3D image on a screen that if you went to touch it it would be like reality.

I know that this technology is a bit far off but it is getting closer and Air Traffic Controllers are testing a scheme thich is similar to this but it would be like a tube standing upright. This proves that the technology is there if we want it!
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I ahve already mentioned something like this!

:)
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:39
when?

where?

called?

Is it that PC inside you?

if it is it's not the same?
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
No its not all that, i mention what the future machines will be like all the time and I have mentioned HOLAGRAMS, VR etc.

Get your facts right!
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You mean 3D Holograms? Yeah that's a cool idea, but The projector's gonna take up a lot of space if you have a reasonable size hologram. Then again, tV's aren't exactly small.
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:52
I don't meant they have to be hude just the size of a tv and you could get varying sizes

venom how did you get your name like that
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Have you ever seen one of those telescope things that you go in a room. And then it beams a picture on a disc from around the streeys around it and you can pick up people as they walk.

If a game was like that it could be cool as long as it was easy to control.
Thu 30/11/00 at 17:00
Regular
Does anyone remember my room game projector?
Thu 30/11/00 at 17:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The † character is ALT 0134
This means hold ALT, then press 0, 1, 3, 4 on the numeric keypad, then let go of ALT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.