GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My new keyboard"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/10/05 at 18:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think you will agree that it is indeed a beast of a keyboard, full features can be found on the logitech website [URL]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717[/URL] Those macro buttons will be uber.
Wed 26/10/05 at 18:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think you will agree that it is indeed a beast of a keyboard, full features can be found on the logitech website [URL]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717[/URL] Those macro buttons will be uber.
Wed 26/10/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Captain to you."
My god, does that thing let you open worm-holes?

Looks nice, unfortunatly i only use small keyboards as i have no use for a number pad and it just takes up space.

Not really seeing the point in the LCD displaying ammo, if your playing a game and you spend your time looking at a keyboard you've got your control set up badly.

I'd get one if they did a mini version.
Wed 26/10/05 at 19:13
Regular
I thought of buying a new keyboard, but to be honest I don't think it'd improve my games very much. My pretty standard keyboard does the job very well. The only new keyboard I saw that I thought 'must have' was the one someone linked to the other week, where each key was like a little screen, changing symbols/characters to accomodate the piece of software you were running. Very impressive.

It's worth getting a decent mouse though, and I highly recommend the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse : [URL]http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/152436/art/logitech/g5-laser-mouse.html?rd=1[/URL]

Really is the Rolls Royce of gaming mice.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
It looks like an M4.

Scary.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:36
"High polygon count"
I was looking for a new keyboard today. Mine works fine, but is filthy and I can't be arsed taking it apart and cleaning it.

Everything I saw was either cordless, or had a zillion extra buttons on it that I'd never use. One even had a remote control for media playback!!!

Not what I wanted at all. Doesn't anyone make a bog-standard keyboard any more?
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
Mine cost £3 for a Packard Bell one, bog standard as you can get...
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> Not what I wanted at all. Doesn't anyone make a bog-standard
> keyboard any more?

Ahahaha, every post you make Wookie, you have to have a 'hidden' whine about society :P
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:53
"High polygon count"
A whine about society? Where the hell did that come from?! :-)

If that's what you think, you're reading entirely too much into my posts. I'm not that complex a person!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

But since you mention it, society does suck.
Thu 27/10/05 at 09:04
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> The only new keyboard I saw that I thought 'must
> have' was the one someone linked to the other week, where each key
> was like a little screen, changing symbols/characters to accomodate
> the piece of software you were running. Very impressive.

Ah yes, the OLED keys. Lovely keyboard - I hope it becomes a reality.

[URL]http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/[/URL]
Thu 27/10/05 at 11:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Chippxero wrote:
> My god, does that thing let you open worm-holes?
>
> Looks nice, unfortunatly i only use small keyboards as i have no use
> for a number pad and it just takes up space.

I like small and to the point keyboards as well, i use the logitech ultra x at the moment, but the macro potential has me drooling like a loon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.