GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Filmaday Matinee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 23:12
Regular
In rememberance for all the past Filmaday winners.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ive won a lovely bunch of D V D's,
(diddley dee)
There they are standing in a row.
Road Trip, SPEED 2, Even Evil Dead
We give one away, Ev-er-ry day,
thats what Special R said.

Ive won a lovely bunch of D V D's,
(diddley doo)
Everyone I win makes me rich,
Scream 3, Hollow Man,
Even Fever Pitch!

I wish that SR still had flimaday,
Instead of letting the newbies cheat,
Maybe, one-day, it will make a return
and everybody will rejoice and start to take there turn!

:P
Bazzman
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:35
Regular
I don`t think I`ve ever disagreed with any of Meka's wins. Everytime I see a topic by him its worth reading, and when they win, its no surprise.
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's the truth.

As for funny, I dont think that's a massive part of why something wins. Whenever I've won, it's surprised the hell out of me and quite often I've not even realised, it's not why I post.

Just write stuff you enjoy and if you do win, it's a bonus. You can tell the posts written as blatant GAD attempts as they are impersonal and contain no character of the poster themselves.
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:15
"possibly impossible"
up_in_$moke wrote:
> I just dont see how the staff could possibly read all the
> posts.....And the ones ive read of his GAD winners dont seem to
> be that funny atall.

They probably miss all the posts less than 100 characters long (which is most of them, given the spam around here!)

And, no, they don't have to be funny, they have to be good. GAD winning posts can be serious as well. Why not write a game or DVD review instead, you might get more chance of winning, or do both. Good luck, but you know if you come on here just to win GAD, you'll end up disappointed most days.
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I loved the FAD - being a movie buff. And the conversations were intelligent, witty and zero spam. Most of my "GAD" are actually FAD.

But hell, just the chance to talk is reward enough
(bats eyelids innocently)
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:10
"possibly impossible"
{holds hand to head}

SR gave us GAD - a single prize every day for a game.

Then they gave us FAD as well, a DVD for anything that won that day in the Film/Music forum.

Then they changed FAD to another GAD - so you could win a DVD OR a game, whatever you wanted, EVEN A BOX SET!!!

THEN they added a third GAD up to £25 - for another DVD or Game for cheats.

So, basically, you're complaining that instead of 1 GAD for a game and 1 FAD solely for a DVD, they've given us 2 GADs for a DVD (or BOX SET) or a full price game and ANOTHER GAD for cheats.

If I were Tony I'd be sending the lynch mob round about now.
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:37
Regular
ok.
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:27
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
up_in_$moke wrote:
> A bit suspicious dont you think. *starts doing shifty eye expression*

NOT REALLY
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:25
Regular
A bit suspicious dont you think. *starts doing shifty eye expression*
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:20
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
Meka has won 34 GAD's in 800 days, 799 to be precise
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:18
Regular
lol okay, i dont think im gonna try it, or write my own gameaday attempt. I just dont see how the staff could possibly read all the posts. So even if i did write an amazing post, it aint too likely that mine will get read by the staff. I reakon that staff just read the posts that have been written by their mates or well known posters. They might not, but that must happen a little bit. ie they search down the list to see who created which topic, and stop as soon as they reach a new one submitted by meka dragon. He seems to win the gameadays alot. And the ones ive read of his GAD winners dont seem to be that funny atall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.