GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Average GADs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 18:15
Regular
Ok, so I know this has been done before, but how about we see what everyone's average is for GAD wins in the amount of days they've been here again!

Calculator required, so no working in the head, as you'll probably end up with some weird answer ("I got 24 GADs in 9 days"). ;-) You know what I mean.

Anyhoo, mine is now 1 GAD every 50 days. That will apply tomorrow, as I will have been around for 450 days tomorrow.

What are everyone else's average wins in the amount of days they've been floating about the forums? :-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:44
Regular
now let me see...
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
1 GAD Every 82 days.

6.35 Post's a day.

0.12 Cheats a day.

0.27 Hints a day.

0.018 Reviews a day.

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:23
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Thanks FM:D

I know I'll win one day...... but I want it to be soon.

"walks back and foward unpatiently"
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
Actually, mine's the same as yours AJ. One GAD every 50 days.

Although...that's not counting the 2 I won with my old old old Ant account in the early days, and the 1 I won as Rumplestiltskin.

So it's 917 divided by 21 which equals...

43 days. One GAD every 43 days.

Why do I write some numbers in letters and some in numbers?

Lettnumbers?
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
*studies calculator, confused*

Maybe I shouldn't have covered it with melted sugar...
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
I got 24 GADS in 9 days.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Drunk Cow wrote:
> Well my average has been no GADs in 55 day. I'm not very good at this
> am I?

Oops, meant to reply to this in my last post as well. Some people have been here over 2 years and not won anything. Granted a lot of them are here for the forums only, and never actually post anything deliberately to win a Gameaday.

You DO attempt to win GADs, and if you keep on going you'll get one, I'm sure of it. I attempt as well (quite often), but I always try to make sure that if it's in chat it's game related in some way, particularly with a slant on the future, which is the reason I started posting in the FOG forums in the first place.

The dumbest thing of all is that about 90% of my winning posts from chat have just been my regular chatty ones, not the ones that I post and then think to myself (hmm, wonder if that is good enough?). So I guess the secret is to just be yourself.

In truth I'm not fussed about winning GADs as much as I used to be, because I get more enjoyment from discussing my favourite topics and seeing how people feel about the latest gaming news and how they are reacting to the latest games and industry gossip, because I'm a gamer and it's my favourite subject to post about.

The fact that I can actually win a free game of my choice for doing so still amazes me, it's the most generous incentive to keep posting (not that I need incentive) that I've ever seen.

So keep posting.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> "picks up knife"
>
> "stab stab stab"

I love that bit. You are great, DC.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
3 wins in 211 days, so that's, what, 1 win every 70 days.

:)
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Drunk Cow wrote:
> FM how much time do you got on your hands?

About 35 more years according to the Bible.
(Plus I've got a scientific calculator next to me :P)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.