GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wii Price and Launch Details"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/09/06 at 13:41
"possibly impossible"
Right. An 'interesting' conference in London has eventually produced the price and date for the Wii European Launch.

Gaby Logan and a host of other people showed off the Wii details and waxed lyrical about how the DS has been a major success. Interestingly, the Wii will actually be sold for a profit (unusual for a console, money is usually made on the software and not the hardware).

As well as the Mii software, that lets you create Avatars to represent you online and the cool Mii room that you can put them in, there's the weather and news channels built in. It's all looking quite cool and well thought out. There will be 15 Virtual Console games at launch, with around 10 more per month released (which puts the Live Arcade on the 360 to shame) and you get the Opera Internet Browser as well.

http://www.wii.com/ should be updated with the European information soon too and screenshots/video of the Wii screens.

So, here are the most important details from Nintendo:
The Date:December 8th 2006
The Price:£179
The Package:white console, one Wii remote, one Nunchuck, Wii Sports
Sat 16/09/06 at 17:33
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> Something
> for Hedfix

>
>
> Nothing on there jumping out at me to make me budge from my
> stance of non-interest, maybe there is for you

Aye, I've still to play the Gamecube predecessors of most of those.
Sat 16/09/06 at 16:19
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
24. I think.
Sat 16/09/06 at 09:51
Regular
I'm waiting for my wavebird before I play GC games on wii.
Fri 15/09/06 at 23:37
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
How old's your brother...?
Fri 15/09/06 at 22:19
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
My brother and I were arguing about getting a wii or a Ps3, and my older brother got so mad he decided he wanted a PS3 and would pay for it himself (He has a good job as an......I dan't have a clue to be honest)............WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!*Ahem*
Fri 15/09/06 at 21:19
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive still got a load of PS2 games that Ive got to finish (or start in a couple of cases) so I dont know if i should get one or not.
Fri 15/09/06 at 21:12
Regular
Hmm.

I have a few unplayed (and barely played) cube games. I think I'll work through them before I have a wii.

A few months after launch then, if the games interest me.
Fri 15/09/06 at 19:21
Regular
"lets go back"
Does anyone know about the internet capabilities of the Wii.

Specifically: I know that its Wi-Fi enabled, but does it have an ethernet port for people such as myself who dont have a wireless router?

Edit:- never mind, you can get an adaptor
Fri 15/09/06 at 18:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Wii need a Skies of Arcadia sequel. That'll make me very happy. Also, I hope Wii plays any region GC games... If it does I can finally get cheap(ish) copies of Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos.

[EDIT] - Also quite interesting, that article says Super Paper Mario is canned for GC and will now be revamped as a Wii title... I suppose it's a good thing, if it was a GC title it'd probably be damn-near impossible to find, like some of the great games that got released towards the end of the N64 life-cycle (see the original Paper Mario...)
Fri 15/09/06 at 17:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Something for Hedfix

Nothing on there jumping out at me to make me budge from my stance of non-interest, maybe there is for you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.