GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid DVD Drive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
My DVD drive is buggered...

Basically I cannot play CDs on it without it stopping, spinning up to ultra high speeds and then starting again!

It's worst when playing music CDs, it will play 20 odd seconds of the song, then it will stop playing and start spinning as if it's trying to load up really really fast!

Anybody got any ideas what's wrong?

I got a CD-RW drive which I use for all CDs but I can't use this one without it going all wrong!

Help!

P.S It's still on collect-and-return warranty.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've done a search on the net for the drive, turns out it's poo!

SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-612

Seems lots of people have been having problems!
Wed 09/10/02 at 00:55
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Have a look for a firmware upgrade for it.

I had a DVD drive which was making Explorer take ages to load. I updated the firmware and the problems stopped.

The easiest way would be to search for "*DVD drive name* firmware" on Google.
Tue 08/10/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
All CDs...

It came as part of the PC with Dell and it's the only problem I ever had...

Been doing it for ages, but as its a 30 day return and collect (whoops!) I dunno if I can be bothered to send it off.

It might actually have expired too.

Damm
Tue 08/10/02 at 19:05
Regular
"How Handy."
Is it all CDs or just some? My CD-RW drive is picky about CDs, if the CD is too scratched it does exactly what you say your DVD drive does..
Tue 08/10/02 at 19:01
Regular
Does it do this with all cd's or only copied one's?, but i would send it bakc as it sounds faulty.

c.b.
Tue 08/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My DVD drive is buggered...

Basically I cannot play CDs on it without it stopping, spinning up to ultra high speeds and then starting again!

It's worst when playing music CDs, it will play 20 odd seconds of the song, then it will stop playing and start spinning as if it's trying to load up really really fast!

Anybody got any ideas what's wrong?

I got a CD-RW drive which I use for all CDs but I can't use this one without it going all wrong!

Help!

P.S It's still on collect-and-return warranty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.