GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Proud Owner of a 5.1 System :)"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 19:23
Regular
Sorry for devotinga whole post to this but I have to express the sheer delight that I am experiencing at the moment! Yesterday I picked up a Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS Surround Sound system and to be honest I can't type words to describe how awesome this piece of equipment is. Without sounding too cheesy (although it really does :) life just isn't the same without it :)

Playing Halo in surround sound is nothing short of glorious! I am struggling to find words to describe how good Dolby Digital Sound is and it really does have to be experienced to be believe. Only Cliche's and Cheesy sentences can describe this system so I will now proceed to bring this post to an end :)

In Short go get one of these systems! It is worth every penny!
Sat 12/10/02 at 10:40
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yah, I ended up unplugging about 50 wires from the back of it, putting it down on the floor hitting it a bit and swearing a few times. Put it back, plugged it all in and it worked.

Wehey!
Sat 12/10/02 at 01:17
bet it involved swearing and hitting it didn't it ;)

normaly works.
Thu 10/10/02 at 18:57
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Got it working now - after shoving around with it for a while.

Christ knows what was wrong.

:-)
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:18
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Grrr...I suppose I got what I deserved. One speaker on my amp seems to have conked out, just out of the blue while I was listening to the radio on it (one quater power level)

Anyway, it's the front right speaker. I've tried switching over the front two leads, which then makes the front left speaker not work. This means it's not the speaker that's blown, as it works with the wires switched over.

I then thought it may be the wire. So I went to the amp and tried plugging the front right wire (the one I thought was faulty) into the front left speaker connection. Damn, it worked, which means it's not the wire, as again the speaker plugges into the front right connection didn't work.

Which leads me to believe there is a problem with the front right amplifier, which could lead to a trip back to currys (any one know their policys? It's about 3 months old)

Or has anyone else got any other ideas of what may be wrong before I get my dad to have a look without opening it up - don't want to void the warrenty just in case.

:\
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
It helps to have an X-Box to do a setup though dopey. ;-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:48
i hate you tom and your x box set up.

i'll have to make mine bigger and better muhahahahahahahahaa
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:29
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The Master wrote:
> na i wanted a proper seperate amp and speakers, the set i want is like
> £300 or so LOL
>
> all in good time.

Mine are separates. Although they came in one big box, I opened the box and inside was 2 more boxes. The amp, and the speaker set - both which can be bought at Richer Sounds.

Got it reduced though as my kit doesn't support DTS. Still, 60W per channel (and 100W per speaker if I ever want to upgrade my amp) suits me fine. None of that PMPO crap either, this is it's true power.

£209 mine was. http://www.toms.area.btinternet.co.uk/Temp/main.htm it's probably on there with the rest of my console kit.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:42
Regular
Will do Sav :) It took me a while to navigate around the DVD and at first I din't think that I would see any game footage until I went to the 'MORE' option on the main menu and then clicked on the Xbox. I watched footage of the new bond film (which looks a bit dated) and I have viewed a few other things in and around the DVD.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Garbe - goto the "feel more" are of the DVD. once you see the 3 options to pick, goto the X-Box Live one. ;-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:23
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeah i was looking in to buying one, but am on a budget but i would really like to get one how much do they start at and have you got nay good web sites i can use?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.