GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3 Platinum"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/07/08 at 08:25
Regular
"THFC"
Just saw that on 1st of August there are a few games coming out at around £18

Ratchet & Clank (Great Game)
Uncharted; Drake's Fortune
Motorstorm
Heavenly Sword
Resistance

A couple of good games, and it is nice to see that Playstation owners will start to get rather cheap games, because a pre-owned platinum game must be at most £15 - so looking good!

Does anyone know how a game actually becomes platinum, is it by amount of sales generated??

I am looking forward to seeing some more titles and it will allow people to pick up cheaper games in them spells where you have nothing to play!

If anyone else knows more games coming then post them on here!
Thu 07/08/08 at 11:14
Regular
"THFC"
Assassin's creed is a good game, bit repetitive but you can get it for like £10 off ebay i think, seem to be a lot of them on there. But loving the growing list of platinum games so i can have some nice cheap gaming!
Thu 07/08/08 at 10:52
"possibly impossible"
To confirm, the non-Sony games on Platinum at the moment are:

Virtua Tennis (Sega), Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft) and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 08* (THQ).
Thu 31/07/08 at 08:10
Regular
"THFC"
Soul Caliber 4 is next on my list and i would be surprised if it didnt go platinum!!

Should be in a nice little package waiting for me Friday after work!
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:01
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
have it, played it, 100%'d it, loved it, thats why i bought star wars
Wed 30/07/08 at 21:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Trish wrote:
> I may pick up R&C then, already have Drakes Fortune. The
> others dont really interest me
>
> I picked up Lego Star Wars for a tenner a couple of weeks ago,
> was well pleased!

A bit off topic here Trish (as its not a platinum game),but if you like platform type games have tried Lego Indiana Jones ?,its fantastic !.
Wed 30/07/08 at 21:24
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I may pick up R&C then, already have Drakes Fortune. The others dont really interest me

I picked up Lego Star Wars for a tenner a couple of weeks ago, was well pleased!
Wed 30/07/08 at 00:13
"possibly impossible"
Amazon is pretty good though, with some games being just over £32.

Anyway, the ones we know will launch on the 1st August are only the first party games, third party games can also be added to the Platinum label if they've sold enough, so we may see some of those being announced soon.
Tue 29/07/08 at 15:06
Regular
"THFC"
I look forward to when the Ps3 has been out for a couple of years and has a huge backlist of platinum games we can pick up on the cheap. Unlike now when you need to win two GAD to get one ps3 game!!!
Tue 29/07/08 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
Sounds great. Hopefully means I can get a Dualshock and game as well then.
Tue 29/07/08 at 11:01
Regular
"THFC"
pete_21 wrote:
> There £14.99 at Play.com mate,except Resistance which for
> reason is £17.99 ?.If you order £50 worth of items
> before 31/07 you can get £5.00 off using the code
> 'CREST081' at the checkout.Between 4% & 6% Quidco cashback as
> well (depending on which items you order).Thought I'd mention it
> for anyone who hadn't won a GAD !.

I did see that on play, and i am very glad that prices are coming down, because pre-owned games will surely be about £10 now, which means more games for less cash!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.