GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People in Game Shops"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/00 at 18:58
Regular
Why is it that people in game shops don't talk to each other. We always seem to have so much to say on the Future of Gaming forum, mostly about everything, not just the future of games. So why isn't it the same in the shops?

Do you think that people would look at you funny if you walked up to a complete stranger and said 'oh, that Shenmue is good, but I don't like the look of that Wrestling game!' Yet we do this all the time on Special Reserve's site. Is it the fact that we can't see each other, or that we are typing rather than talking? Perhaps,as an exercise, you should go to the shops on saturday and try it out. Store assistants in the big game shops barely grunt at you, let alone talk in sentences, unless they see you with money in your hand, and even then it seems like such a strain to tell you what you need to know.

So, in a way it's lucky that we have this forum. Remember what Pink Floyd said, Keep Talking.
Fri 01/12/00 at 16:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Maybe afetr I use it on myself I think I need some after my last few good messsage shave been knocked back!

POWER TO THE SHEEP!
Fri 01/12/00 at 00:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey Sheepy - any chance of spreading on some luck for me ? ;-)
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
OK! I might just do that!
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Sheepy - it's not a virtual mag it's a real one.

Join for £6.99, grab a free gift and it POPS through your letterbox every few weeks
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Question! I did not know SR had a mag online! how do i find it?
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:48
Regular
I wonder, if PB got that patch.
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cool!
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:32
"possibly impossible"
Hello!

I'm only here for a few minutes today, had lots and lots of training to do at work and I've only just got back for dinner! Thanks Ali for letting me win, and thank you Sheepy for being lucky for me!

BTW: Sheepy, did you know you are in the SR magazine this month? Review for Sudden Strike!
Thu 30/11/00 at 17:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Told you he had a chance of winning!

Its my magis sheepy powers!
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:30
"High polygon count"
I've spoken to people in my local Game store on several occasions, but only when an obvious opening has presented itself.

I also find the staff in Game very friendly - but that might have something to do with the fact that it is practically my second home! Yes, they even talk to me when I'm not buying anything!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.