GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue to start trend ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/00 at 00:27
Regular
Lots of games have sequals and expansions but i think Shenmue is breaking a new ground with its "series" idea.

Its an amazing accomplishment to be able to make so many parts to a game (as we've been told) and still make each one very special. I've heard about some of the things you do in the game (as in situations) and it sounds completely breath taking !
All these seperate "episodes" are sure to combine into a great story and i can't wait to get my mits on it on friday :-))

Some people might think its a con to have so many parts to a game. But personally i think it really increases the life of a console to have a game like this.
And with each game looking to be massive it'll keep you busy while also making you drool with anticipation for the next one :-)

For the first time, players will be completing a game and then be thinking of what might happen next and what twists may come up.
Personally, i love a great story in my games cause it shows so much more effort has been put into it. And now it looks as though Sega will have one if not the very best story on the market.

Overall though i hope other companies look at this idea of a big ongoing story that can be made into a similar series.

Savatt :-)
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:03
"High polygon count"
> The only difference is, Oddworld games are absoultly rubbish...

Well, I quite enjoyed them.

> You're lucky they aren't releasing the next part of the filth on
> the PS2...

I was looking forward to it, but still, nevermind.
Wed 29/11/00 at 20:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yes............................ it is.
Wed 29/11/00 at 20:05
Regular
Ah, Ant Metal Gears' out next year.
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:59
"possibly impossible"
What was that you were saying Ant? About games not appealing to everybody? And what was that about MGS2 being better than Shenmue? hmm(?)
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:26
Dont worry Shenmue is out soon and is going to change console gaming ,i am getting it tommorow,ohhhhh the sweet smell of the best game ever is raging inside me.
Wed 29/11/00 at 18:59
Regular
I got Zelda!! Damn it's good!!

But I'm stuck... b****r.

Anyway.

"Except that Oddworld Inhabitants already did it with the planned Oddworld series..."

The only difference is, Oddworld games are absoultly rubbish... You're lucky they aren't releasing the next part of the filth on the PS2...
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:43
Regular
ShenMue, ShenMue, I want my Zelda!
Please stop doing that, otherwise Ali will come round and tell you!
Wed 29/11/00 at 12:40
"possibly impossible"
I think what's so impressive about Shenmue is the amount of detail in the game and the time it must have spent to create it. The smallest objects can be examined or picked up and there is no limit to the amount of things you can do without even leaving the town. I only wish you could buy some of the food and things in the shops, they should have let you do this to keep your strengh up, just to make it more realistic. It feels strange just asking shopkeepers for questions without buying their wares.

My favorite part is collecting all the Sega toys. I've spent a lot of the housekeeper's money trying to get Nights and Sonic characters, but all I've got so far is Virtua Fighter people and strange shapes, oh and a dice as well. Mind you, what can you do with them afterwards? Apart from bartering with them over the internet, using the passport disc -hey, actually this sounds cool.
Wed 29/11/00 at 11:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Those games seem more like stand alone games more than a linked series story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.