GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I fear that vice city will not be as good as others may imagine"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 15:02
Regular
Think back to WWF:smackdown 2.all the new improvements :hell in cell,ladder matches,TLC, better career mode and CAW.After Smackdown 1,which REVOLUTIONISED wrestling games (like GTA 3).The sound of a second,more superior game was exciting, so everyone just HAD to keep track of what was going to be added to the sequel, just like whats going on now,when i first played Smackdown 2 i thought yeah all this stuff i knew ages ago, this is what i imagined.I(and allot of others) knew vice city had 40 weapons,100 vehicles and loads more by july-august.This long wait and the constant updates like:new vice city pics, chainsaw confirmed in new rockstar sequel,upcoming GTA delayed. All this just goes on and on, dont you see, We've completed Vice city before it has even been released.

Or maybe i'm wrong,maybe it will revolutionise games even further than before, but it WONT REVOLUTIONISE ME like GTA 3 did.

When I read the review of GTA 3, my brain could not process the data, there was no game to compare to, so i just had to go out on december 23 2001 to buy this new craze.
When I go to read the review of GTA : vice city my mind will just compare the new game to the old one but with more stuff which i knew about ages ago.

I'm gonna own it no doubt about it,and probably fall under its spell for another few months or maybe not. November 08 2002 will be a day of mixed emotions. This long cold wait will have different affects on people and better be worth it.
A bad example using smackdown 2 maybe, but the morale of the story is there.
I hate to be so down over what will be a day to remember in gaming history but you have to look at the negatives as well.

I leave with a message as simple as this, dont write a potentialy sad message as after a while the tears make your skin as wrinkled as the old woman who get hit with baseball bats on a certain game(my precious GTA 3 will always have a place in my heart. sniffle sniffle)
Sat 12/10/02 at 20:02
gta vice city looks fantastic and ive also pre - ordered it and im sure it will live up to its expectations ive also booked conflict desert storm and the lord of the rings : the 2 towers i think these games look great no matter what no1 says !
weeconor ;)
Tue 08/10/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Everyone loves Jive :D

Not everyone, just my fellow slackers ;D
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Everyone loves Jive :D
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well thanks, I think so too.....I try not to upset people and start having a slanging match on here. I've seen it plenty of times and usually stay out of it as much as possible.

I've seen the CP's done before and they only stir up trouble, I read them just to see what people have put against me (if any comments at all) and usually they are ok or don't know or who :D

Seeing the word "HATE" next to my name when I couldn't even work out who the hell you were before you changed your name sort of threw me a bit.

Couldn't work out what I'd done to upset you....anyway, all under the bridge so much happier now :D
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:48
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Well, you seem like an alright kinda guy, so I guess it was only fair to offer you an apology ;)
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Ah, I can only assume that it was a typo, or I meant it for the person
> next to you.
>
> Sorry about that, 'twas a mistake.

Ok, thanks, I accept your apology :-)

*clips Expletive Deleted round the ear*

See this is the problem with CP's, starts fights when people don't intentionally mean them. Like Flanders said earlier, but I'm gonna change his bit, anyone who starts these "should be banned" in future ;D
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ah, I can only assume that it was a typo, or I meant it for the person next to you.

Sorry about that, 'twas a mistake.
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Wha?...
>
> When did I say that? Heck, I don't even know ya.

Exactly.....so if you'd like to go back to the Copularity Pontest in FOG Chat and explain your comment next to my name then I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

I was too knackered last night to ask why you "HATE" me seeing as I've never even spoken with you!
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:18
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Wha?...

When did I say that? Heck, I don't even know ya.
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Oi, we're not all that bad :P

Ah the person who seems to "HATE" me for some strange reason?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.