GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn WHSmith!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/10/02 at 18:33
Regular
grrrrr...I hate WHsmith.

After changing to WHSmithnet (as Freeserve were about as good as White Arrow delivery service)I found out in the smallprint that I'm limited to 20 hours net time a week! (which is why as soon as the minimum subsciption is over, I'm changing ISP again).

I've just come back to my computer to see that it's been connected for 45 minutes without me even opening Internet Explorer!

Why can't Freeola do an 'Anytime' fixed rate package?
Wed 02/10/02 at 22:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If BT ever decide East Dulwich is cool enough to get Broanband, I will get it on NTL: other wise, no.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:47
Regular
We used to have aol and every month it was a huge bill even though we hardly used it. This was about 4 years ago. They eventually gave us 1 years interent access for 'free'. They said it was free, but ooohh noo, we still got a bill everymonth and had to pay a portion of it i think. We now changed to BT (About 2 years ago) They've been pretty solid upto now.

I get cut off every two hours. I thought that was just me. Also we just got an e-mail saying that we are now limited to only 150 hours a month worth of free time. After that you can bet your ar$e that its going to be pretty expensive. This is the btopenworld package for non Broadband users. Just incase you are getting worried.

So i dont know what we are going to do. My advise would be..... ask someone else for advice. BT is turing crap, AOL has always been crap, and twee. Freeserve just seems to be a bit 'tacky' never heard much about it. NTL maybe, i dunno.

By the way. This is up_in_smoke. I got banned for some reason. SR never gave me a reason in an e-mail. Anyways, not too mad. Only had about 10 more posts til regular status. :(
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have cableinet broadband and tv so I get to watch my favourite show while constantly connected to the net at a fixed monthly rate! What and age we live in :D **mumbles** if only we could get rid of typo grmlins and other scurges of the planet.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:34
Regular
Will_madman wrote:
> AOL is the worst!. get broadband if you get anything

Can't, I'm not in a Broadband area unless BT finally expand it from the inner cities to the outskirts of the same cities....
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:32
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I'm with BT and have broadband but dont get cut off.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No broadband for me, unless its through a satellite, which also needs the phoneline, so the only reason my mum would get it is gone!

So I'm stuck with 56k AOL that crashes, fails to connect and annoys me the whole time!
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:29
"possibly impossible"
Yep, yet to find a decent ISP that gives you all day internet without having a catch. All I want is to be able to pay one charge and stay online all day (not cut off after 2 hours, thank you BT).

And no, before you ask, I can't get damn broadband access, bah!
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:13
Regular
Mrs. Badcrumble wrote:
> Just prey you never need to ring their customer service desk.

Indeed, I heard it was like 50p per minute. Ah well, if all else fails, it'll be a letter rather then a phone call. So are you with them? And do you get charged extra? Gah, I'm worrying that I'll be charged for like 31+ hours worth of internet time as a Pay as you Go. Moo. *Shivvers*
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Max Power"
AOL is the worst!. get broadband if you get anything
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
AOL is so rubbish. It's bare for girls, Like Windows XP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.