GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola sites on web server 2 not well..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/08 at 18:18
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I'm seeing performance problems for sites hosted on server 2.

The status page is all clear - please let me know if you need specifics or a support ticket raised.

Thanks.

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 28/07/08 at 16:25
"Are you sure?"
Me again :¬)

I'm afraid sites on server 2 are performing poorly again this afternoon.

FTP seems to be fine, the problems look like the first ones mentioned in this thread. Pages failing to load or taking a long time.

Could someone take a look please?
Thanks...

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 23/07/08 at 09:09
Staff
Apparently it was a DNS cache issue, first time I've come across the issue, sorry it took a while to resolve.
Tue 22/07/08 at 17:12
"Are you sure?"
Someone's done something...
Server 2 looks much better this afternoon! :¬)

FTP access is now back to normal and HTTP is as quick as the other servers, so my lightbox galleries work again!

Thank you!
Search Freeola Chat
Fri 18/07/08 at 11:12
Staff
I've had a look at the server and it does appear to be running a little bit slow on logons. Cannot find an obvious problem, as the load average appears OK and once I was logged in as fast as the other servers, so I have passed this on as a fault to our engineers to look into.
Fri 18/07/08 at 10:23
"Are you sure?"
Update: I've raised Support Ticket 144276.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 18/07/08 at 09:31
"Are you sure?"
Sorry to be a pain...

I'm still seeing performance problems with Server 2 I'm afraid.

I noticed yesterday that some of my sites with Light-Box style image galleries were having problems. If you change pages and click on a thumbnail it wouldn't display in a Light-Box as the page hadn't completely loaded. If you wait 2 or 3 seconds for the page to completely load everything would work fine. Site using the same code on different servers all work normally.

I've just tried visiting 3 different server 2 sites (using IE7 and FF3) and even though the page appears to load the browser still says 'waiting for data' etc. in the status bar - this lasts for 2 or 3 seconds which is enough to cause the galleries to fail if a visitor clicks a link.

A better way to see the 'lag' on server 2 is to start up an FTP session. I'm using Filezilla. Non server 2 sites connect immediately while all my server 2 sites take around 15 seconds to establish a connection!

Hopefully you'll be able to recreate this and investigate further.

Please let me know if you need more specifics but it seems easily re-creatable to me.

Thanks in advance.
Search Freeola Chat
Wed 16/07/08 at 08:43
"Are you sure?"
Morning - things seem to be back to normal today :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 15/07/08 at 19:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Thanks for the replies - unfortunately I'm getting 'Page Cannot
> Be Displayed' for sites on server 2 at the moment.
>

Maybe I spoke too soon....

Do you have an example for me to check up with?
Tue 15/07/08 at 19:22
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the replies - unfortunately I'm getting 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' for sites on server 2 at the moment.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 15/07/08 at 19:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This problem should now be resolved and all sites on server 2 should be responding correctly.

We apologise for any inconvinence caused during this time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.