GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Caliber IV"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur IV'.
Tue 15/07/08 at 15:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I've just read somewhere that Soul Caliber IV will feature two special characters. The XBOX 360 will feature YODA and the PS3 version will include DARTH VADAR.

I wasn't too sure about Soul Caliber as I have never played Sould Caliber 4's predecessors but the new screenshots look pretty good so I may have to give this game a go when it comes out on July 29th.
Tue 15/07/08 at 15:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I've just read somewhere that Soul Caliber IV will feature two special characters. The XBOX 360 will feature YODA and the PS3 version will include DARTH VADAR.

I wasn't too sure about Soul Caliber as I have never played Sould Caliber 4's predecessors but the new screenshots look pretty good so I may have to give this game a go when it comes out on July 29th.
Tue 15/07/08 at 16:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Soul Calibur is Tekken with swords pretty much.The series is made by the same developers as the Tekken series.I have this on order as I love Soul Calibur games.They are very easy to get into.You can practice for hours learning killer moves and combo's only to play your kids who mindlessly bash all the buttons and kick your butt !.Seriously get a game between 2 players of a similar level and this series is one of my favourite beat em ups.The controls are very similar to the Tekken series so you will feel right at home with it if you have played those games before.Yoda is exclusive to the 360,Vader to the PS3.Lots of rumours saying Vader will available to buy from Xbox marketplace after a couple of months (if thats true then Yoda will obviously be available via PSN).I'm not really bothered to be honest as I reckon they have only been included as a sales gimmick and will probably not be as good as Soul Calibur's own characters anyway.

Here is clip of the game in action for anyone who hasn't seen it running :

Soul Calibur IV Gameplay
Tue 15/07/08 at 16:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
So do you think Soul Caliber IV will be better than Tekken 6, Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat vs DS Universe?
Tue 15/07/08 at 16:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> So do you think Soul Caliber IV will be better than Tekken 6,
> Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat vs DS Universe?

I reckon the order will be:

Streetfighter IV
Soul Calibur IV
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat vs DS Universe

I'm not sure about Mortal Kombat but I will be getting the other 3 for sure.
Tue 15/07/08 at 21:28
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Im thinking:

Tekken 6
Street Fighter IV
Soul Caliber 4
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Wed 16/07/08 at 08:14
Regular
"THFC"
I am really thinking about getting this. I recieved one of my GAD vouchers (thanks) and think i may have to give this a go, i have owned and played all the other ones and am i right that this one will be online??? that will be the selling point for me.

Also does anyone know a release for Tekken 6??
Wed 16/07/08 at 09:01
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Tekken 6 is advertised as being released on 20th Feb 2009. So I think I will have to buy Soul Caliber IV to fill the void in the fighting genre.
Wed 16/07/08 at 10:01
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i fancy a nice beat em up - but still dont want to wait until the 1st lol!
wish Yoda and Vader were both in each copy
Wed 16/07/08 at 10:46
"possibly impossible"
Nice that Soul Caliber from Dreamcast is on the Xbox Live at the same time. Graphics are dated but the game still remains great.

I remember when Soul Edge first came out and we all got chips for our Playstation to play it. Worth it just for the unedited intro that they cut for the UK release (when it became Soul Blade)...
Wed 16/07/08 at 11:05
Regular
"Hello?"
It looks quite cool, is it online? I've always been a into my tekken so will get no.6. It's true there is a massive space in the games market for a new beat em up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.