GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you change...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/07/08 at 20:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
if you had the power to?

Came from a wee pub discussion with some mates, basically if you had the power to change things in todays society then what would it be.
Here's a wee run down from what I rambled on about.

Knife Crime
Basically anyone caught with a knife in their possession in a public place should be automatically given a prison sentence of at least 3 months. It's pretty strong topic in the news at the moment and it's something we seem to hear about almost on a daily basis.
Time to come down hard on the numpties carrying knifes and even harder on those using them.

Prison
What happened to the movie image of prison being a not very nice place where nobody really wanted to go. Heard a story about a guy in Glasgow telling a taxi driver he was going to stab his mate later in the night as he was annoying him and to be honest he wanted to go back to jail as it was a better quality of life, sky tv, 3 decent meals a day and access to playstations etc.
What a joke.
It should be a place where nobody wants to go because it's a punishment, sadly I think some human rights muppet has made life far too easy for those inside. I'm all for resoritive justice if it works but to almost "reward" folk for being inside just seems ridiculous.

I'd remove the comforts of life and make those inside be forced to think long and hard why they are inside.

Benefits
In particular the job seekers benefit - do they honestly think this works? Ok for a small percentage out there it is what they need while seeking work and they do make the effort to find a job but there are loads that abuse the system. Instead of giving them cash I'd change it to be food coupons, vouchers etc to get them what they need to live on and thats it. Want more then they'll have to get a job.
I'd also make them do stuff within the local community to earn it, cut grass - clean vandalism off walls etc.

Any of you lot got anythings you'd change if you could?
Sun 10/08/08 at 17:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ali (good to see a familiar face!), I agree with your points on Benefits for Jobseekers. Ironically, as I've been unable to find work for a few months now I've just applied to go 'one the dole' myself... But I know of several people who totally abuse the system, so I like your food vouchers idea.

I also agree with the idea of getting these people off their backsides to do a little community service. What else do people do honestly with all their spare time??? I try to keep myself busy making furniture at home (woodwork's become a great hobby of mine) and I've found a load of DIY and stuff to do on our house, which probably wouldn't have been completed if I was still working most of the week... There must be thousands of people who literally waste away infront of their TV screens, expecting something for nothing!

Apparently there's a scheme to help people back in to work after six months unemployment but that's still a bloody long time spent sat around doing absolutely nothing. Even doing what I've been doing, I know I'm gonna struggle to get back in to the routine of things when I do find myself a new job.

Apart from that, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling there are too many 'powers' trying to control things. While the HSE and co. are in place for many good reasons, there are times when their regulations go way too far - like not being allowed to stand on a desk or chair, in the workplace, just to change a frickin' light bulb! Some things need to be relaxed a bit.

If I could change only one thing though, I'd put some kind of restriction on the media. Whatever might be going on with the economy, no matter where you turn everything's all 'doom and gloom', you can't get away from it, they are not helping! What particularly gets me is reading about celebrities (Keira Knightley is a good example) being stalked and watched from the minute they leave their home. They may have more money than any of us will ever know but I'm sure they still have a human right to their own lives and privacy!

Did you know that one of the main reaons Ronaldinho chose Barcelona over Man United was so that he could keep his private life just that...!
Sun 27/07/08 at 21:28
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> Ban Chavs, Ban Knifes, Sort out the immigration issues, Kill
> Gordan Brown.

You've got my vote! jubbachainsaw for PM!
Sun 27/07/08 at 20:52
Regular
"the j-man"
AliBoy wrote:
> Heard a story about a guy
> in Glasgow telling a taxi driver

sounds like a reliable source.
Sat 19/07/08 at 13:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Luetchyboy wrote:
> Ahh but only on Thursday itself the rest of the week it would be
> still Backwards Thursday.

Right...
Sat 19/07/08 at 12:37
Regular
Ahh but only on Thursday itself the rest of the week it would be still Backwards Thursday.
Fri 18/07/08 at 19:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Luetchyboy wrote:
> I would make everyone walk around with oranges on their head.
>
> I would also make it mandatory that every Thursday everyone
> should walk around backwards and speak backwards, it would be
> known as backwards Thursday!

Wouldn't it be known as Yadsruht sdrawkcab?
Fri 18/07/08 at 14:45
Regular
I would make everyone walk around with oranges on their head.

I would also make it mandatory that every Thursday everyone should walk around backwards and speak backwards, it would be known as backwards Thursday!
Mon 14/07/08 at 11:37
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Ban Chavs, Ban Knifes, Sort out the immigration issues, Kill Gordan Brown.
Mon 14/07/08 at 01:37
Regular
Yeah, prison's ridiculously fun, I mean no members of the opposite sex, not even being able to go to the park, spending time with murderers and paedophiles!
Sun 13/07/08 at 21:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Ditto for what Ali's saying. Especially the last one, which sounds like plans the Conservatives were seriously considering recently, if I remember correctly.

Personally I'd give the education system, constitutional reform and transport a good seeing-to as well, but I'm not going into detail as I'm lazy and inarticulate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.