GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameplay, What Happens?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/00 at 21:46
Regular
Some of the best games around have been 2D, this is because they are totally original and have a lot of thought put into them, they don't need fancy graphics and a big production name stamped on it, because the game sells its self! games like GTA and Driver are like this, their graphics are very poor but the ideas are all there, these two are examples for other reasons than both being gangster games.
I love looking for game reviews, if they impress me then i look further into them, sometimes i'm let down and sometimes they're even better than I had thought, it's up to the individual, everyone has their own mind and controls it by themselves, some people like action games some people can't stand them and tend to go for strategy games which take mre concentration and eventually build up to big battles with lots of gameplay.

remember a producer is as good as the last game they made(if it was crap, then don't buy it).
Every game has it's own character and was made because the designer's thought it was a good idea not becasue they were getting paid loads of money for it, it's something to enjoy not diss. I f you don't like the idea, you don't have to buy it, thats why we were given independance, to make desisions for ourselves.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Some of the best games around have been 2D, this is because they are totally original and have a lot of thought put into them, they don't need fancy graphics and a big production name stamped on it, because the game sells its self! games like GTA and Driver are like this, their graphics are very poor but the ideas are all there, these two are examples for other reasons than both being gangster games.
I love looking for game reviews, if they impress me then i look further into them, sometimes i'm let down and sometimes they're even better than I had thought, it's up to the individual, everyone has their own mind and controls it by themselves, some people like action games some people can't stand them and tend to go for strategy games which take mre concentration and eventually build up to big battles with lots of gameplay.

remember a producer is as good as the last game they made(if it was crap, then don't buy it).
Every game has it's own character and was made because the designer's thought it was a good idea not becasue they were getting paid loads of money for it, it's something to enjoy not diss. I f you don't like the idea, you don't have to buy it, thats why we were given independance, to make desisions for ourselves.
Mon 27/11/00 at 22:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
the ganmeplay of the game is only as good as the imagination of the game designer, is this true? one good idea usually leads to another, like a chain reaction of great ideas, why don't more programmers have this capability?
Tue 28/11/00 at 00:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The thing is, it's not about ideas anymore - it's about econmomy. I have no doubt that there anr still plenty of original ideas out there, but they won't get backing. I imagine the board room meeting would go roughly as follows:

Designer: I've made some plans for a great new game, it should appeal to a great many gamers as it contains features x and y
-(replace as appropriate)-
The board: Sounds interesting. Tell us more about the format of this game.
Designer: Wel, it's a fairly new concept, (a sudden chill is noticed in the room) which I think has the potential....(designer hesitates as he notices sterm faces around the table)..yes, has the potential to...er...uh....Well, you see, recent market research indicates..(the boardinspect the programmer, in much the same way as they would when removing an unwanted 'substance' from the soles of their shoes)...well, umm.
Designer:...
Designer: I'll get me coat..

Back in the days of the commodore and spectrum, overheads for producing games would be virtually zero, and the rewards for a groundbreaking game great. Nowadays, it's too big a risk. A game produced now that does not sell, can break a company - certainly a small company.

The board: Play it safe. Let's produce another racing game. just make sure it has nice graphics, and tell evryone the steering is "ultra-realistic" and we'll do okay.
Tue 28/11/00 at 02:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Fogmaster? Did you really say Driver had poor graphics? On the PSX it looks great! Are we talking about the same game here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.