GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"web forwarding / framed forwarding"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/08 at 14:50
Regular
Hi all,

I have been asked to develop a website by a local charity.

From choice I would like to build and host this on my current server.

They have, however, already purchased their .org domain name through get dotted/freeola.

The simplest option (and one that I have used for a number of other websites with domains purchased from my regular suplier) would be to have framed web forwarding set up to redirect the domain name. (framed from preference, so that their domain name, rather than mine shows)

Any one know if freeola offer this? I can't find it on the website - I rather presume I need to be logged into the domain account to find out, and as yet do not have the log on details (the chairman of the charity is writing to me with the details - and I do mean writing not emailing, so it may take a few days!!!)(he's not very IT savy)

If forwarding is not an option I will need to transfer the domain out, but this will delay things (and cost a few quid)

Any help gratefully recieved.
Tue 22/07/08 at 14:40
Regular
Several services I've seen use a simple frame structure within the index.html file to route to another domain name, for example:

index.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This site goes straight to Google...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wed 09/07/08 at 16:21
Staff
There is not a automatic method setup for doing this, but if you put on a support ticket at http://freeola.com/support/request with sufficient details to identify you have control of the account and the url that you want the Frame put to, we should be able to do that for you.
Wed 09/07/08 at 14:50
Regular
Hi all,

I have been asked to develop a website by a local charity.

From choice I would like to build and host this on my current server.

They have, however, already purchased their .org domain name through get dotted/freeola.

The simplest option (and one that I have used for a number of other websites with domains purchased from my regular suplier) would be to have framed web forwarding set up to redirect the domain name. (framed from preference, so that their domain name, rather than mine shows)

Any one know if freeola offer this? I can't find it on the website - I rather presume I need to be logged into the domain account to find out, and as yet do not have the log on details (the chairman of the charity is writing to me with the details - and I do mean writing not emailing, so it may take a few days!!!)(he's not very IT savy)

If forwarding is not an option I will need to transfer the domain out, but this will delay things (and cost a few quid)

Any help gratefully recieved.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.