GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Few more Rev snippets ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/10/05 at 19:55
"period drama"
Don't know why it matters, but Ninty are setting up 25,000 Wi-Fi hotspots around Europe for the DS and Revolution. DS, then ... unless you want to carry your console + TV + everything down to some random hole in the town centre? Muh.

Anywho - good stuff: online Revolution games only need 1 person to have the actual game, and the others just be dirty feeves. Good, perhaps not for sales, but good anyway.

Also, the downloadable games can come from any server - so we'll be able to download games avaliable in Japan, i.e. all those excellent games that never made it over here can be ours. The N64 games should all get a boost in frame-rates apparently, though appearances will stay the same.

On the world-wide launch: not quite, but from the inital Japanese release, they say it will be everywhere within 14 weeks. Which is ... well, quite a long time, but not as long as usual.

And, nicely enough, "Revolution software will look no different, visually speaking, compared to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 software."

Here's to hoping.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:24
Regular
Your Honour wrote:

> And you know this... how?

Pop over to Cube-europe/IGN/Gamespot and read the developer comments.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:12
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
amos wrote:
> Remember people, we are playing GAMES here - not trying to simulate
> real world senarios in hyper-realistic visuals.

Here here!
I'm fed up with the 'graphics are better on......' argument!

Whats the point in playing the game if all you want is 100% realism - just open the front door and go out if thats what you want!
Mon 07/11/05 at 20:58
Regular
"NJAN"
I find it hard to believe that revolution software will look as good software running on the ps3. The ps3 hardware will be so much more powerful meaning, in general, the games will look better.

But I, for one, dont mind at all. I think its a given that the revolution will be more powerful than the gamecube and thats good enough for me.

Remember people, we are playing GAMES here - not trying to simulate real world senarios in hyper-realistic visuals.
Tue 01/11/05 at 15:42
Regular
"\\"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And, nicely enough, "Revolution software will look no different,
> visually speaking, compared to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
> software."

All I make out from this, is that the discs will look the same.

Woop!
Tue 01/11/05 at 15:02
Regular
Dringo said it...

...it must be true!
Tue 01/11/05 at 12:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't question him YH, if you value your barns.
Tue 01/11/05 at 12:56
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Because there are studio's that are dying for something new in order
> to make their name. Expect PC developers to head Nintendo's way too.
> Of course Valve and Lionheart are givers but expect some that have
> never made a console game before... ever.

And you know this... how?
Tue 01/11/05 at 10:40
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> 3rd parties need to back it.
>
> It's got the innovation and the capability, but it's still Nintendo,
> it's not popular enough to be used as 'for PS3 and Xbox360' (and yet
> it's also on the Rev, but that doesn't matter, cos only 10,000,000
> people have one of those). etc.

DS is though. If the Revolution can tap into a new market entirely... which it can... then it'll run away with profits and it'll have no effect on the success of the PS3 or 360 either.

I plan to write an article about the type of third party Nintendo are trying to appeal to. EA, Activision, THQ etc... will support Nintendo but they'll treat the controller as a "gimick" and make use of the shell a lot more.

My post will look at the future according to Grasshopper, Kuju, Treasure, Square, some parts of Konami and Capcom.

Because there are studio's that are dying for something new in order to make their name. Expect PC developers to head Nintendo's way too. Of course Valve and Lionheart are givers but expect some that have never made a console game before... ever.
Tue 01/11/05 at 09:26
"The Will of D."
Actually those "Hotspots" are so people can play their DS games using Wi-fi without needing to bring their connection hardware everywhere they go.

P.S I've heard about this from a gaming source about 2 weeks ago.
Mon 31/10/05 at 22:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
3rd parties need to back it.

It's got the innovation and the capability, but it's still Nintendo, it's not popular enough to be used as 'for PS3 and Xbox360' (and yet it's also on the Rev, but that doesn't matter, cos only 10,000,000 people have one of those). etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.