GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR - Games in the charts that are not released..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/11/00 at 17:09
Regular
Yes, I know I've got my copy of Shenmue already, but to all extents and purposes it hasn't been released yet, but it happens to be in your charts already (at number 3!) Is this due to pre-orders, or is it simply a way of selling the games?
Mon 27/11/00 at 13:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
And sometimes even a day or two early. I love it when that happens =)
Mon 27/11/00 at 13:22
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Special Reserve charts are compiled from the recent sales and pre-orders of each game.

It is our policy to add new products to the catalogue up to around 8 weeks prior to launch. We work on information given to us by the publishers. The trouble is, many games are deferred or delayed, some very extensively.

Many people like to pre-order well in advance. They can be reasonably sure of receiving the game on the day of release.
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
One thing i don't like in the SR magazine is that they put prices on games that are far from coming out. I remember seeing a price on Age Of Empires 2 on DC and for what it looked, it seemed it had been released and i didn't even know it ! Being a fan of this game i phoned SR to see if it were true asking for a release date.
Turns out that its due out in Feb !
Sometimes its annoying when they price things out and make it seem like its already on the shelves.
Fair enough if they wanna show how much they expect to put it on the shelves for, but if they're gonna do that they should at least put out a month they expect it to be available.
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Somewhere in the mag you'll notice it says "charts compiled by special reserve sales" so yeah, it's from pre-ordering.
Sun 26/11/00 at 17:09
"possibly impossible"
Yes, I know I've got my copy of Shenmue already, but to all extents and purposes it hasn't been released yet, but it happens to be in your charts already (at number 3!) Is this due to pre-orders, or is it simply a way of selling the games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.