GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"transfering my instant web designer site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/08 at 06:54
Regular
I have built a web site for a friend who has a domain name registered with freeola - the site is running under her domain name - but I have purchased the instant site software - now the site is up and running I want to pass the monthly payment over to her - I don't want to canel my direct debit as this will mean lossing the site - does anyone know how or if this transfer can be achieved? thanks
Wed 09/07/08 at 11:32
Regular
Many thanks for the comprehensive reply - I will need to create a new account for her as I have other web sites in my account
thanks again
Wed 09/07/08 at 10:32
Staff
pcholly wrote:
> I have built a web site for a friend who has a domain name
> registered with freeola - the site is running under her domain
> name - but I have purchased the instant site software - now the
> site is up and running I want to pass the monthly payment over to
> her - I don't want to canel my direct debit as this will mean
> lossing the site - does anyone know how or if this transfer can
> be achieved? thanks

Is the MyFreeola account entirely for her (ie you created it just for her) or do you use it as well? If it is only for her simply assign the user name password and contact details to her name and get her to enter the new payment method in the Billing section, this will overide your payment method. If you have other domains or sites in the account, then you will need to create a new MyFreeola account in her name, log into the account and select Add Domain, this will prompt you for your MyFreeola details, enter these and the domain will transfer across.

Once the domain has transferred across, contact support at http://freeola.com/support/request (or ring the support line) and ask that the billing for the Instant site to be moved across to the new MyFreeola account (this has to be done manually currently) and make sure that your friend puts some payment details into this account for future payments.
Wed 09/07/08 at 06:54
Regular
I have built a web site for a friend who has a domain name registered with freeola - the site is running under her domain name - but I have purchased the instant site software - now the site is up and running I want to pass the monthly payment over to her - I don't want to canel my direct debit as this will mean lossing the site - does anyone know how or if this transfer can be achieved? thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.