GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dark Knight [SPOILERS] - Hosted by Luetchyboy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/08 at 18:30
Regular
Quite why this thread doesn't exist I don't know!

I cannot wait for this movie to be released, I am so hyped it's unreal. So I'm going to post a whole load of information I can drag up.

For those that don't know, a basic overview

"Batman and James Gordon join forces with Gotham's new District Attorney, Harvey Dent, to take on a psychotic bank robber known as The Joker, whilst other forces plot against them, and Joker's crimes grow more and more deadly"

Ok basically this movie will rock in every possible way.

Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Ok so we know Bale is awesome as Batman in Batman Begins but how will he handle the role now that he's settled in? Doubters need not worry I have complete confidence he will rock.

Just take a look at this little scene

Heath Ledger as The Joker
Reviews for Heath's Joker have been nothing short of brilliant. Theres even talk of a posthumous oscar. Though whislt his death may play a big part in the extra praise, don't think for a second it's going to be any less undeserved. Just check this

Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes
Replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes. This I think is a nice little step up in terms of acting quality. Whilst Katie Holmes (is it Cruise now?) is busy producing the spawn of a Mr Cruise (ok she was apparently busy with another project) we will now have the lovely and far more capable Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing her. Yay for us.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
OK for those that don't know Harvey Dent goes on to become two face, for those that don't know further (and spoilers are ahead) he becomes two face in THIS movie, and from what I've seen it's going to be awesome. (I've got a link coming soon from an official clip though it doesn't show much.) There are spoiler pics out there taken on a camera phone. But I won't be linking them here. I've not seen much from Aaron Eckhart but I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan.

Lets not forget also that we've still got Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in this movie. So how is it not going to Rock.

So what you all think? Discuss?

Look for pictures and reviews in upcoming posts.

Edited By Luetchyboy due to minor mistypes
Thu 14/08/08 at 02:05
Regular
It was alright. Poor Dent.
Thu 07/08/08 at 17:55
Regular
pb wrote:
> Exactly what I thought happened. But it would make sense the
> other way around, being as Bruce was resting all his hopes for
> Gotham on Harvey.

He was definitely going to save Rachel but Joker told him wrong as he is the Joker.

Guess we'll see what Nolan pulls out of the hat for the third one. I cannot wait, might go into hibenation for a few years...
Thu 07/08/08 at 11:40
"possibly impossible"
Nin wrote:
> pete_21 wrote:
> But the decision for Batman to save Dent and
> Gordon to save Rachel (not the other way round as everyone
> would
> have naturally assumed) and the repercussions that this
> decision
> turns out to have was a stroke of genius.
>
> I thought that, then i thought it over again and i think what
> actually happened was he went to save Rachel (as he said) but the
> Joker lied about their locations and switched them.

Exactly what I thought happened. But it would make sense the other way around, being as Bruce was resting all his hopes for Gotham on Harvey.
Wed 06/08/08 at 16:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
> But the decision for Batman to save Dent and
> Gordon to save Rachel (not the other way round as everyone would
> have naturally assumed) and the repercussions that this decision
> turns out to have was a stroke of genius.

I thought that, then i thought it over again and i think what actually happened was he went to save Rachel (as he said) but the Joker lied about their locations and switched them.
As far as i'm aware the 3rd film is a near certainty. Bale and a few more of the cast are on a 3 film contract.
Wed 06/08/08 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
I don't think we'll see a Bat/Supes crossover any time soon. Justice League would be first and that's in limbo at the moment as it is.

You could quite easily introduce Azrael at the start of the film, Valley could be introduced as someone who has been partially brainwashed and does a few tasks as part of the order before meeting Batman. The story could be changed a little so that Bruce takes him under his wing, with a few fights over how they both do things differently, and he has no choice but to let him take on the mantle of Batman when he's injured, but then comes back in the last 15 mins of the film when Valley fails.

The only issue I have is seeing how much they changed the Superman Doomsday story for the movie. It turned out ok, but it was a shadow of the original. Live action would need an even more radical rethink.
Tue 05/08/08 at 17:44
Regular
I think they'd re-write the story quite well, we already saw at the end of the Dark Knight that Batman is being wore down, infact throughout the movie you saw subtle signs of the beatings he's taken already (the scene near the begining where he has the bruises and marks up his back.) Plus we saw him sleeping through a board meeting. Here's a rough idea of how I think it could go.

The movie begins and we hear about this new drug being peddled through the streets of Gotham. The drug is similar to steriods but has massive side effects on the personality. Petty crooks are hooked on it and are proving tough to take down for Batman, we then find out a bit about Bane. (But like Joker he's already established in the universe so no need for an origin story just a bit of backstory.)

We then see Bane stage a mass breakout from Arkham (maybe another few scenes for scarecrow, would say joker too but since heath is no longer available don't want to see that recast.) Crime rates rise etc etc. We then get our Mid-Story point where Bane and Batman show down, low and behold Batman gets his back broken or something along those lines.

Now the biggest problem is where to go from here, this battle between Bane and Batman would be epic. The biggest problem I would have is either introducing a character who could replace batman temporarily or something along those lines. Perhaps another vigilante who is becoming quite notorious? Either way I would imagine that the fake Batman takes down Bane, and then we see the "fake" Batman actually take a life and this shocks all those around (Gordon etc) which escalates to a showdown at the end between Batman and the Fake Batman.

To be honest it is not easy to work out how it would be pulled of perfectly. Another thing I would love to see is an Batman Superman crossover, perhaps have the Third batman begining with this radical computer virus (Brainiac) causing mayhem which ends up with results in The Man of Steel showing up.
Tue 05/08/08 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
They'd need to re-write Knightfall to fit into one film, do you introduce Azreal? Nightwing? How much backstory would Bane have? What can you replace the Arkham breakout with? (Maybe introduce some smaller villians who would break out of Arkham, but it doesn't have the same effect of wearing Bruce down enough).

Not sure if Bane would be better off being gradually introduced (ie: Background of next film and then built up for the next after that).

Not sure if Riddler would fit with the feel of the universe unless he was utterly demented. Catwoman would but it would be yet another origin for her (the Prostitute one from the Catwoman stories in the 90's would be the best fit).

What about Manbat? Some great stories in the 70's to draw from. Anarky maybe, or Clayface.
Tue 05/08/08 at 12:21
Regular
Don't think we'd see Joker or Ra again, Lazerus pit is probably a tad too far for Nolans universe I would think.

Popular theories lie in the Riddler being the next villian or maybe Bane.

Would love too see Bane vs. Batman (maybe even do the back-breaking storyline?)

But as it stands Nolan hasn't stated that there will be third one yet, but do bear in mind that he said the same for the second one.

Finally seen the movie 3 times in the cinema now, still LOVE it. It's one of those movies where you just want more after you're done. Best comparison I can think of is the Empire strikes back where at the end you have luke handless Han stoned (pardon the pun) and everything quite frankly gone bottoms up.

I really would love to see a third one but it'll be a few years yet :(

What would everyone like to see in the third one?
Mon 04/08/08 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
I loved it.

Though Ledger's Joker is the best screen Joker by far, I still think there's room for improvement to get closer to the gritty Joker of the comics and graphic novels. I'm thinking more of the great stories such as Killing Joke and around the time of Bane when the Joker was really insane, but still perfectly balanced enough to draw Batman in to the same moral dilemma's as in Dark Knight.

I do really like the whole Joker trying to force Batman to see his world the way he sees it though, that was lifted straight from some of the best stories in the comics, it's nice to have the fact that they both realise they need each other in there. Hopefully he'll be back, though it would be hard to find someone to fill Ledger's shoes, and they can explore the yin and yang of the Joker/Batman circle further.

and Two Face...can't be dead. But then they need to sort out the same problem with Ra's as well, there is so much to explore and during the 70's Ra's was really Batman's other main enemy, not to mention the whole Talia affair. But then Ra's has the Lazarus Pits to bring him back, I guess...
Wed 30/07/08 at 21:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Saw it today, I'd give it a 8.9. Perfect acting nearly all round, but too many things seemed a bit far fetched and bit of work around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.