GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The truth about PS2 and why the GC is indeed more powerful"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/11/00 at 01:48
Regular
When the PS2 was first shown in public people were amazed at its quality visuals. It was only later shown, that all the footage shown was pre rendered FMV. Sony claimed the PS2 can do 70 million polygons. The truth is that the PS2 may well be able to show 70 million motionless, textureless polygons, but in reality the figure may well be as low 5 million and high as 20 million (being very optomistic). So to those idiots who bought the console believing this hype, how does it feel to be lied to and tricked into getting a console which is slightly more powerfull than a DC. The PS2 can do things the DC can't, but the DC, taking JET SET RADIO for example can do things the PS2 can't. Surely the PS2 should have been able to do anyhting the DC can, but Sony made a mess up with the systems Vram. Many developers are now facing the reality of PS2. They can either risk going out of business by making games for the PS2 (as its well known that PS2 games aren't selling well in Japan) or back a more risk free console in the GC. Regarding power. Well the emotion chip of the PS2 is now out of date. The GC flipper Chip has been designed in mind that it is way ahead of it years. For example the GC graphics chips is capable of doing 8 different tasks in one pass. For the PS2 emotion chip to achieve the same effect, it will have to make 8 passes to do the same tasks that the GC can do in one. Put superfast IT Ram into the equation, and you've got THE most powerful graphics chips known to man. So to all those people who spent £300 on the new PS2, how do you feel now. You have been tricked by Sony and have believed all their pre-launch hype and lies. I laugh at you. The DC will keep me going till the GC comes around. Then I have the best of both worlds. Anyone who disagrees with me just don't know their facts. Oh MGS2 looks good. Did you know that most of the sequences released to date are pre planned action sequences using the games engine. So really Konami may be trying to fool the public by saying that this is actual gameplay, when it isn't. Remember MGS was the same. The GC and DC will become the GAMERS machine. As for you casual gamers, well I don't really care much about your opinions, because you really don't know the real truth.
Wed 14/02/01 at 18:52
Y2Richard wrote:
> I have a Nintendo, a Playsation and a Playstation 2. I can honestly
> say that my N64 picks up A LOT more dust than my PS2. The PS2 is
> allready so great that the Gamecube can't really be that much
> better. Also the Gamecube is butt ugly.

What the hell do looks of a console have to do with it. You just ran out of good points.
Fri 02/02/01 at 21:54
Regular
AARRGGGHHHHH!

I thought I left this awful, pointless good for nothing topic to rot!

NO MORE ON THE SUBJECT!
Fri 02/02/01 at 20:56
Regular
It is true Nintendo have the more powerful console (than the PS2 anyway) but you musn't forget that this only means greater games can be made for it, it is only good if it's power is used to the max but with Nintendo and their second party developers (RARE, Silicon knights, Left field and Retro studios) this is highly likly to be achieved and Nintendo and co's games will be the best!
Fri 02/02/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I'll try this again....
> meka_dragon wrote:
> Yeah i hat the way sony always tell U wot 2
> do. They sukk.
Like wen U go 2 a shop and they poke you wiv stikks and say buy sony cos we is good not nintendo who is rubbish and they want you 2 buy sony stuff.

Im more cleverer than tem though and I dont fall for there triks.

Sony fans Bware. U now you have just bin brianwashed
by evil sony, or should I say fony!!!!!

Ha that told em.

Exactly. Everyone who bought a PS2 actually wanted one! We
> didn't all recieve a phone call in the middle of the night
> threatening that if we didn't then Sony would send the 'lads' 'round
> for a chat...

And if anyone want's to buy a GC or X-Box or anything else (Indrema L300) then do so. The important thing is that we have a 'choice' and we reserve the right to exercise that choice and buy whichever console we like.
If there was just 1 console on the market then it would be a bad thing for everyone!
Fri 02/02/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Complete Banker"
meka_dragon wrote:
> Yeah i hat the way sony always tell U wot 2 do. They sukk.

> wen U go 2 a shop and they poke you wiv stikks and say buy sony cos
> we is good not nintendo who is rubbish and they want you 2 buy sony
> stuff.

Im more cleverer than tem though and I dont fall for there
> triks.

Sony fans Bware. U now you have just bin brianwashed by
> evil sony, or should I say fony!!!!!

Ha that told em.

Exactly. Everyone who bought a PS2 actually wanted one! We didn't all recieve a phone call in the middle of the night threatening that if we didn't then Sony would send the 'lads' 'round for a chat......

If U
> lik sony you is a sad bad mad man and you sukk and probably dont
> wash cos U all smell of sonys evilness.
Fri 02/02/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Shigsy wrote:
> no it doesn't it looks way better that the gaystation2

Now that's original!!?
Fri 02/02/01 at 13:51
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah i hat the way sony always tell U wot 2 do. They sukk.

Like wen U go 2 a shop and they poke you wiv stikks and say buy sony cos we is good not nintendo who is rubbish and they want you 2 buy sony stuff.

Im more cleverer than tem though and I dont fall for there triks.

Sony fans Bware. U now you have just bin brianwashed by evil sony, or should I say fony!!!!!

Ha that told em.

If U lik sony you is a sad bad mad man and you sukk and probably dont wash cos U all smell of sonys evilness.
Fri 02/02/01 at 13:43
The gamecube is much more powerful than the playstation2,not only processor power proves this but the fact sony are relying on companies such as EA and other 3rd partys to make their games,name a good sony made game youve played,none i thought so.because of this it Means nintendo or microsoft could be seeing any playstation game on their consoles,metel gear used to be a game featured on nintendo consoles as did other playstation blockbusters,I have heard people say oh,but the goldeneye team made timespliters,but it was only 2 members and not even the leading members,yes it was goldeneye people,but the rest of the team went on to make Perfect Dark,sorry Dr Doak and friend you missed out on the applause of the best game ever(whoops)I always compare games ready for realease say I got an N64 because of the strenth of its games and superior procesor,people have bought playstation and PS2 because they have been told by sony they are good,you were told the satern was good did you buy it?....dont just go and buy a consple because the maker told you too,buy one because its the best on the market,im going to buy a gamecube and i hope you see sense and buy one too.
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:54
All of the next gen colsoles looks look ugly,

it seems that the designers were either avid 3do fans or just want a simplistic design wrapped aroudn the complex electronics.

And the gamecube will be just like the n64 is now,

a devout games console with a small following who are content in paying the price for a game, because it lasts ages.

This is also how sega went b4 there recent problems, and if it wasn't for Pokemon then Nintendo would probably be goign down the same route.

Sega and Nintendo will never merge though as it would be like IBM merging with Microsoft, sounds great in theory but in practice would be a disaster.
Sun 07/01/01 at 18:52
Regular
Sorry Dan, one last comment.

"The PS2 is allready so great that the Gamecube can't really be that much better."

That HAS to be, in the six months I have been on this website, the most completly biased and stupid remark I have ever hd the pleasure to read.

And now the topic shall die peacefully, thanks Dan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.