GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 is...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 17:38
Regular
APPARENTLY better on the Gamecube... Don't we just love the old Goldeneye guys :)

It probably has little to do with any updates the Cube might or might not get but rather the analogue placement. The Gamecube controller is far more comfortable than the X-box one and the PS2's analogue sticks are parralel making the controls sightly fiddily. Which is why the cube rules for FPS's
Thu 19/09/02 at 17:38
Regular
APPARENTLY better on the Gamecube... Don't we just love the old Goldeneye guys :)

It probably has little to do with any updates the Cube might or might not get but rather the analogue placement. The Gamecube controller is far more comfortable than the X-box one and the PS2's analogue sticks are parralel making the controls sightly fiddily. Which is why the cube rules for FPS's
Thu 19/09/02 at 17:42
Regular
I dunno, personally, *I* find the Xbox controller more comfortable to play with becasue *I* find the GameCube controllers trigger buttons to be far too tight. After playing for a while it kinda hurts.

I've played the PS2 demo and it seems like a pretty good system to me, I'd like to play the GC and Xbox versions before i start slating any of them though.
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
As long as the controls are more refined than Agent Under Fire it should be quality, AUF's controls are quite awful.
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:11
"For the horde!!!!"
i went into Game yesterday and there was an Xbox (i couldn't play it) and i put my hands around the controller to set how it felt and i wounded how people could play with it (i don't have small hands), i guess you have to get used to it.
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:24
Regular
I guess the xbox pad is harder to hold when you play it in a shop becasue its fixed in a certain position.
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Dringo wrote:

> The Gamecube controller is
> far more comfortable than the X-box one
Your own oppinion

> and the PS2's analogue sticks are parralel making the controls sightly > fiddily. Which is why the cube rules for FPS's
your oppinion

Don't be so biased it makes you look like a fanboy and I know your kool :D
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Personally I like the Gamecube controller better than the Playstation 2 one - I've always found the PS2 one awkward for FPS games like Medal Of Honour, AUF, Red Faction and the like.

Having said that Gamecube's only real FPS so far is AUF, and I find it easier to control than the PS2 version.

One other thing where Gamecube rules in the controller department...Wavebird. Why Sony don't bring out their own version I don't know, would make the PS2 controller better for using wih the DVD player if you didn't want to buy a remote.

By the way, to the fanboys on here, I'm not sayin one controller is better than another, just what I find easier, okay ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 19/09/02 at 18:51
"For the horde!!!!"
well i find the PS2 pad fine for FPS. Just wack the stick sensitiity up if your finding it tricky. I've never played on an Xbox so i can't comment on how it plays but it did feel a bit big in my hands, i am used to a PS2 controller mind.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
Like Gridloch, I have been playing on the PSX and PS2 for so many years now that nothing else even comes close. Red Faction on the PS2 was great once I adjusted the rather weird default settings.

But of course, there's nothing better than the ol' PC for FPS'. The combination of keyboard and mouse is a main reason why games like Tactical Ops, Deus Ex, MOH: Allied Assault and Unreal Tournament 2003 are by far the best FPS' in the gaming market.
Thu 19/09/02 at 21:43
Regular
Don't argue against me I was trying to help... according to IGN, SR, Gameradar and Cube europe (the latter is a bit iffy) the Gamecube version is the best one. I presumed it was because of the fact that the analogue sticks aren't in the same position so it is easier to work with them both as opposed to the PS2's. Maybe it would have been better if i said Timesplitters 2 is better cause it has extras?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.