GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sudden Strike V Sudden Strike 2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/09/02 at 14:30
Regular
I am thinking about getting either the first game with the add on pack or alternatively the second game. Obviously the second game is more expensive but does it improve dramatically on the first? It is for running on my office PC when I am bored so I have a P3 800mhz with onboard grapics so if the second requires heavy duty hardware then that will make my mind up for me.

Any advice from those in the know would be appreciated
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:51
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I opted for the original with the add on and am pleased with my choice. I love the Command and Conquer games but became irritated with the "get X units and rush the other guys approach to win"

If you try this in this game then you will probably fail and you need to think on a more tactical level using scout and artillery support/air support to win.

The lack of resource management does not detract from the game and lets you concentrate on the meat of the game - battles

Certainly worth a go for £14.99 from the lovely chaps at SR
Mon 23/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sudden Strike was too much work

You needed to organise things to perfection and the game scene was too dark
Thu 19/09/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Thanks guys, gives me food for thought
Thu 19/09/02 at 14:44
"High polygon count"
My only advice would be to make sure it's a game you'll enjoy. I bought SS2 because I enjoy the C&C game - but I found it far too strategic, and exchanged it for Mafia.
Thu 19/09/02 at 12:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've not got the sequel, but I should run OK on your system, it aint the most tachnically demanding game out there. The origanal is a good game, and the add-on pack makes it better, great if you just want to spend a few hours playing a challanging game, because it is challanging. Pretty hard, but still fun.
Wed 18/09/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I am thinking about getting either the first game with the add on pack or alternatively the second game. Obviously the second game is more expensive but does it improve dramatically on the first? It is for running on my office PC when I am bored so I have a P3 800mhz with onboard grapics so if the second requires heavy duty hardware then that will make my mind up for me.

Any advice from those in the know would be appreciated

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.