GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starwars Battlefront 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:09
"Genius!"
I've been looking at this, as its a new game which my pc can actually run and thinking about buying it as it looks quite nice (for such low minimum spec). But i've never tried anything like this or Battlefront 1, and would like to know if theyre any good before i go wasting £20 on it.

Has anyone got this or tried it? If so is it any good?

Thanks.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:09
"Genius!"
I've been looking at this, as its a new game which my pc can actually run and thinking about buying it as it looks quite nice (for such low minimum spec). But i've never tried anything like this or Battlefront 1, and would like to know if theyre any good before i go wasting £20 on it.

Has anyone got this or tried it? If so is it any good?

Thanks.
Fri 04/11/05 at 00:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
Battlefront is basically a starwars version battlefield with small maps and crappy gameplay.

I didn't think much of the first one as it just seemed to have nothing to it, it was a simple spawn run shoot, areas were empty giving no real cover or they were based around on type of transport aand if you were in anything else you would die.

Running around as a little man felt crapy and as if the team that did it had never made a FPS style game, and yet Reblic command came along and was fantastic feel wise, if they combined the 2 then they would probably have made a bloody good game.

I have only played the first one and it ut me off the open beta a while back for the second one, i suggest you either wait a while for a demo of the second one or just chance it, they may have made improvements over the first one.

I might give it a whirl as i am running out of games to play now and should give it a try before giving a complete bashing of the new game.

I hope they have increased the size of the levels, and done something with the feel of the spaceships.
Fri 04/11/05 at 04:55
Regular
"8==="
Online: IGN found the Jedi vs gun-wielder battles to be unbalanced on the PC version.

ie Jedi's get pwned when they really shouldn't.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
Pirates can have jedi's so it stands to reason that uber laser guns can too.
Fri 04/11/05 at 16:03
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> Has anyone got this or tried it? If so is it any good?

I was on the closed beta. Not a bad game. tis huge in places but lacks something... That's it, the controls suck and the graphics look a little dated compared to the like of HL2/FEAR and BF2. It is a vast improvement on the original though and the space battles truly rock.
Fri 04/11/05 at 17:43
"Genius!"
Well graphics dont really bother me too much, with my pretty bad system, mainly looking for just good gameplay so will more than likely be purchasing it fairly soon.
Fri 11/11/05 at 16:02
"Genius!"
Ordered from play last night, should be here on monday.
Hopefully my £25 was spent well.
Sat 12/11/05 at 16:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
Give us a run down once you get it.
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:46
"Genius!"
Will do.
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:45
"Genius!"
It arrived this morning, (2 days late) and so far only had 30 mins time to have a go on it.
It seems okay, nothing special, the graphics are decent but dont at all compare to modern games such as HL2 or BF2.
The gameplay is a bit fast paces for my liking although it is the sort of game which is quite fun to just pick up and play.
Single player is quite good, you have the choice to do different things like Galactic Conquest, Instant action or just play through the game. So far have only played the first level where you have to try to complete the objectives without all your tickets getting to 0.

Having troubly with multiplayer though, first server i tried i had extreme lag, and couldnt even move. Second server wasnt too bad but the games would only last for about 5 mins which meant that you couldnt really get into it.
I'm hoping that when i play it a bit more i should start getting into it and liking it but so far it is definately not worth £25.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.