GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninty's Resident Evil remake."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 13:04
Regular
Nintendo finally get a fanchise that appeals to people over 5 and what do they produce, a remake of original ps1 game. What a rip-off at £44.99 this is money for old rope, considering the popularity of this series I have to say that its a pretty poor show not to make the most of the opportunity and produce a new chapter in the series and I am sure there are a lot of disappointed gamers out there who where expecting a lot more.
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:04
Regular
Nintendo finally get a fanchise that appeals to people over 5 and what do they produce, a remake of original ps1 game. What a rip-off at £44.99 this is money for old rope, considering the popularity of this series I have to say that its a pretty poor show not to make the most of the opportunity and produce a new chapter in the series and I am sure there are a lot of disappointed gamers out there who where expecting a lot more.
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
You obviously haven't played it then have you, as there's many new puzzles, locations, items etc, not to mention the all new amazing graphics.
I haven't heard any "disappointed gamers", all it's been getting is praise.

£44.99, where did you get that price?
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:17
Regular
Isn't Resident Evil Zero new? I might be worng, but I think i've read somewhere it is.

Anyway, th game must a appeal to a lot of people if it was at the top oif the sales charts in the US and what about people who haven't played the series before like me?
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:17
It's Capcom who made it you fool, not Nintendo.
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yes, Resi Zero is an all new adventure set before the first Resident Evil.
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:23
Regular
play b4 us slate!
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:33
"High polygon count"
I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying playing RE on my Gamecube. It may be a remake, but it's a fantastic version. The graphics are superb, and they have actually made changes to the game, with new locations and puzzles. It's far better than the original.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely loved the original on my PS1, and I bought all of the series - including the first Gun Survivor title. I've kept all of them, and still play them on my PS2 - but this new one is creepier than ever.

I'm a massive PS2 fan, and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on these forums who's defended and praised PS2 more than me - but please, give credit where it's due...
Tue 17/09/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
still alot of games that can appeal to older gamers. I mean Rogue Leader is amazingly difficult to get golds. And monkey ball!. id like to see you complete the advanced levels in monkey ball.
Tue 17/09/02 at 14:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have to ask Techno Freak, would you be saying the same thing if this where a remake on for PS2?
Tue 17/09/02 at 14:14
Regular
cipro wrote:
> I have to ask Techno Freak, would you be saying the same thing if this
> where a remake on for PS2?

Of course not, he;s an idiot.

Resident Evil 4 will also be an GameCube exclusive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.