GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 Tokyo Concept Store Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/11/05 at 07:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I don't really venture into this forum often, simply because I don't own an Xbox. However, I thought might just let you know about the Concept Store in Tokyo. Currently Im living over here and have just come down to have a look. They have a ring of laptops hooked up to the net that are free to use so Im typing from one of those!

Its a pretty neat set up - the bulk of it is 2 systems with sofas and huge flat screens playing Xbox360 games with 5.1 sound, as well as a giant screen on one wall (not currently playing anything) and a huge Xbox360 ball logo breaking out of the ceiling. In one corner is the computers Im talking about, and along the back wall below the monster screen is 7 or 8 demo pods. From what I've gathered, its Ridge Racer, Ninety Nine Nights, Kameo - Elements of Power and a few wrestling games. On the monster systems Ridge Racer and Ninety Nine Nights are playing@(I'll try and get photos next time I come).

Then there are a few flat plasmas playing some music channel, as well as a huge bar serving food and drink and the rest, plus loads of seating all around - even the table lights is cool - they have white thin tubes that when struck with the plastic oversized pretend matches start to glow! Interestingly, there are tons of overweight foreigners with their Japanese girlfriends - and a lot of them look like they're trying so hard to be interested, but just can't muster that authenticity. Those that are playing rile the foreigners up (Why are you playing my videogames!? etc).

Trying to get a go on any of the games is pretty hard - when people play they play for agggeess, which is extremely annoying. However, I'll try and update this as much as I can whilst I'm here, and if you want me to check anything out just shout.

UPDATE : Just completed to races in Ridge Racer 6 - man its pretty damn awesome. The graphics are stunninly good, though the handling is a tiny little bit dodgy, with cars seeming to have quite stiff movements. The actual courses are pretty good too - I tried Rave City or something like that which was round a bay, past skyscrapers, through tunnels and over bridges at night time, and a round a dock, over the hills and back again-type track. Both had no popup whatsoever and allowed you to use all-important drift and Nitro to your advantage. I came first in both, by the way :P
Sun 06/11/05 at 07:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I don't really venture into this forum often, simply because I don't own an Xbox. However, I thought might just let you know about the Concept Store in Tokyo. Currently Im living over here and have just come down to have a look. They have a ring of laptops hooked up to the net that are free to use so Im typing from one of those!

Its a pretty neat set up - the bulk of it is 2 systems with sofas and huge flat screens playing Xbox360 games with 5.1 sound, as well as a giant screen on one wall (not currently playing anything) and a huge Xbox360 ball logo breaking out of the ceiling. In one corner is the computers Im talking about, and along the back wall below the monster screen is 7 or 8 demo pods. From what I've gathered, its Ridge Racer, Ninety Nine Nights, Kameo - Elements of Power and a few wrestling games. On the monster systems Ridge Racer and Ninety Nine Nights are playing@(I'll try and get photos next time I come).

Then there are a few flat plasmas playing some music channel, as well as a huge bar serving food and drink and the rest, plus loads of seating all around - even the table lights is cool - they have white thin tubes that when struck with the plastic oversized pretend matches start to glow! Interestingly, there are tons of overweight foreigners with their Japanese girlfriends - and a lot of them look like they're trying so hard to be interested, but just can't muster that authenticity. Those that are playing rile the foreigners up (Why are you playing my videogames!? etc).

Trying to get a go on any of the games is pretty hard - when people play they play for agggeess, which is extremely annoying. However, I'll try and update this as much as I can whilst I'm here, and if you want me to check anything out just shout.

UPDATE : Just completed to races in Ridge Racer 6 - man its pretty damn awesome. The graphics are stunninly good, though the handling is a tiny little bit dodgy, with cars seeming to have quite stiff movements. The actual courses are pretty good too - I tried Rave City or something like that which was round a bay, past skyscrapers, through tunnels and over bridges at night time, and a round a dock, over the hills and back again-type track. Both had no popup whatsoever and allowed you to use all-important drift and Nitro to your advantage. I came first in both, by the way :P
Sun 06/11/05 at 12:34
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Its out in Japan now?
Mon 07/11/05 at 17:29
Here you go: [URL]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051101/xbox102.htm[/URL]

Seems like a good investment. Look at all 'em customers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.