GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Libero Grande 2005 and PS2 online in 4 weeks!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 11:07
Regular
------------------------------------------
Upwire- 6th September 2005

Sony announced yesterday that they will be releasing the new Libero Grande title in conjunction with the new PS2 online hardware to be released in just four weeks time. As ever, little information was released in the press release, but after waiting in a phone queue for 3 hours and being made to listen to Opera music over the phone, we finally got through to a Sony spokesman who sent us a preview copy of the game. Here’s what we found out from playing...

The game is set to feature the three unique game modes each with their own different game play aspects. The following article outlines the main features of each game mode.

*Co-operative online play*

This is main mode of play. Here you will be able log on to an online lobby were it is your job to try and form a team. Whether it will be creating your own and inviting other users to join, or simply signing up to another user created team, your job is to work as a team and take the championship.

- A minimum of 11 users must be in the team with an extra 5 unlucky subs if you feel the need.

- The team founder will be able to design any aspect of the team from Team name to Team kit, and will even have the opportunity to scan in logo's of the team sponsorship.

- Players can choose the exact look of their player. Squad number, hairstyle, and even nose shape will be at the users disposal, as well as an option to scan in your own face. This allows the other 10 players in the team to identify who the ugly one is and not let him have a touch of the ball. Also, if you own a copy of Namco's 'Cross Stitcher X-treme edition' then you will be able to stitch your very own message onto your boots.

- There will be online leagues set up in which you and your team can partake. The league leaders each month will be awarded 'PS2 money' with which you can use to upgrade your kit manufacturer from Spall to Nike, or even do what Fulham did in 2002 and knockdown your shed and steal another teams ground while you use your 'PS2 money' to build a new one. Also the league leaders at the end of the season will win a full version of Tekken 6 each, and also Namco's new 'Total Velocity Seat™’

- The game features the famous Libero Grande 3rd person view allowing you to have full view of the pitch from your player’s viewpoint.

- Over the time you will hopefully pick up support from other users. These will wear your team kit and come and watch each match and you can reward them with half time pies. You can also charge them 'PS2 money' to come and watch (For more info check the *Supporters* game mode section).

- The game plays very much like Pro Evolution Soccer 4; in the way you can choose from over 60 skill moves and have complete freedom over your players movement.

- Using a Microphone Head-set, players can bark orders at each other, call for the ball, and even swear at the ref (Who is also another user, see *Ref Mode*)

*Supporters mode*

This is a brand new never seen before option in a football game. If your pants at the game then why not go and cheer on someone who isn't?

- Using 'PS2 Money', you can bye your way into matches, or if you're poor you can even try and stealthily sneak in using all kinds of Solid Snake style tricks.

- At the 'John Barns Recording Studio™’ you can go and set up your own crowd chants! Using John’s expert musical help, you can add samples to the mix and even put your own recorded voices into the chant. You can take along your instruments to the match, blast out the song, and hopefully all the other supporters will join in via their microphones. Once returning to the lobby, you can sell and trade chants to other supporters of other teams, as well as being able to trick them and sell them 'our team is crap' chants without them knowing.

- Leagues will be set-up to find out who is the best supporter, and supported team. These are judged on pies eaten, songs chanted per match, and the amount of times the user has humiliated another by selling them trick chants.

- Mini games include 'Hit the ref with a plastic bottle’; 'Turnstile hurdling' and our particular favourite 'Put the match ball in your bag without anyone seeing'.

*Ref mode*

Ever fancied being Andy D'Urso or Graham Poll? Thought so, well this modes for you! You take the part of the referee doing referee things in online matches! Ingenious!

- Starting as an amateur you are put in the lobby waiting for two teams to play a friendly. Once they agree, you have to ask nicely if you can ref and if they say ‘yes’ then its game on.

- Using various buttons you can call out different commands. For example 'O' will blow for a foul while 'X' will wave play-on. Once a decision is made you must then say what the foul was given for, point exactly where the free kick/penalty will be taken, and decide what to do with the offender. All the time you will be monitored on your skills.

- A table will be set up where you can see how you compare to others. Points will be awarded for accurate decisions, harshness, and even avoiding plastic bottles. Huge point scorers could then be offered to referee organised cup and league matches as well as being invited to the World Cup 2006, in which the best users from each country play in a big tournament.

- The option to design your ref will be available with the choice of uniform colour, type of whistle, and facial features, all down to the user. It’s a good idea if you give your ref glasses. That way your decision to send someone off isn't debatable, even if you was looking at PSW issue 72 at the time you pressed the button.

So there you have it. The game we have all been waiting for is finally out in four weeks along with the Sony online hardware. The release of PS3 may have beaten it but the 4th of October 2005 is certainly a day to look forward to for PS2 owners. (note- next week marks the release of PS3 which will already have online capabilities and a better version of Libero Grande)

Other news

*PS2 drops to £49.99*

That’s right. PS2's price drops to less than £50 pound this week after Bill Gates scrapped XBox before moving to the moon and the Game Cube was reduced to £24.99 after monkeys took over the Nintendo HQ. Buy your PS2 here.

*PS3 just 1 week away*

The countdown continues. PS3 is out in 1 week and we can hardly wait! You can pre-order your PS3 here.

Thanks for reading, Nath.
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:24
Regular
"  "
Well I do like to cater (sp?) for the not so good gamers :D

Anyway cheers for the comment Nev :)
Tue 17/09/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Great post there as always Natty.

*creep creep*

I even liked the fact that you made room for me in the game - obviously I would have to be a supporter - shouting insults I can definatley do !
Tue 17/09/02 at 10:56
Regular
"  "
Cheers mate :D
Mon 16/09/02 at 21:12
Regular
"ProGolfer"
LOL Excellent!!
Mon 16/09/02 at 19:55
Regular
"  "
Thanks, been too busy unfortunately :D. By the way, what was your user name before. I get confused :S
Mon 16/09/02 at 18:43
Regular
Great post NatBuc. Haven't seen a post like that from you in a while. keep em' comin 'dude'.
Sun 15/09/02 at 13:45
Regular
"  "
Thanks, and dont worry it will in the future, I've been there. Ask the voices if you dont beleive....
Sun 15/09/02 at 13:41
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Nice post there Nath, I wish the PS2 did drop to £49.99 then I could once again own one :D
Sun 15/09/02 at 12:32
Regular
"  "
Thanks, i like to make people Laff. Laughing is boring.
Sun 15/09/02 at 12:27
Regular
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Thanks you two. Quinty must be the Queen then :D

Hah!

Excellent post, made me laff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.