GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"loyalties to Ninty and RARE"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
I have been a regular fan of Nintendo since I was 8, and was blessed with all your new inventions since, but with the release of the Game Cube there have only been so many games that I have wanted. Now that I've got them all I have a long and tedious wait for games like Star Fox Adventures and GC Zelda.
Because of this wait I have begun to question why 2nd hand European parties like RARE Manufacture games like Star Fox Adventures only to have them released first in Japan and N. America, when they were made somewhere in the EU.
I feel that Europe should have some of it's own game manufacturers (E.G. RARE) produce games for Europe first instead of the opposite way round.

Another question is how come there has not been any recent news about Kameo: Elements of power since it's first mention at E3 a while ago? Because there are others who are asking the same question but have not been given an answer yet.

Yours Truly
GSmaster
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:53
"The Will of D."
I have been a regular fan of Nintendo since I was 8, and was blessed with all your new inventions since, but with the release of the Game Cube there have only been so many games that I have wanted. Now that I've got them all I have a long and tedious wait for games like Star Fox Adventures and GC Zelda.
Because of this wait I have begun to question why 2nd hand European parties like RARE Manufacture games like Star Fox Adventures only to have them released first in Japan and N. America, when they were made somewhere in the EU.
I feel that Europe should have some of it's own game manufacturers (E.G. RARE) produce games for Europe first instead of the opposite way round.

Another question is how come there has not been any recent news about Kameo: Elements of power since it's first mention at E3 a while ago? Because there are others who are asking the same question but have not been given an answer yet.

Yours Truly
GSmaster
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:58
Regular
why has everyone forgotten too human by rare? that looked class.

Also GSmaster, whats your msn addy?

and didnt i see you in another forum calling nintendo kidtendo?
Fri 13/09/02 at 20:03
"The Will of D."
That was a rouse I was playing on the Fony forum, I made the whole thing up about Fony going bust. Didn't work anyway...
I don't have MSN but I do have my email address... [email protected].
I basically copied that post from MY OWN letter to NOM, which by the way did NOT get published, again, GRRRR...
Fri 13/09/02 at 20:24
Regular
According to Rare the reason we haven't heard anything more about Kameo is cause it was shown in very early form at E3, apparently they don't usualoly show games in such early form so we'll se more when it's ready to be seen.
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:52
Regular
Boz wrote:
> why has everyone forgotten too human by rare? that looked class.

Too Human is by Silicon Knights not Rare.

And Rare games are often released here first.
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:54
Regular
"You peasant..."
I dont think that the game "Too Human" is actually a Rare game.
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:57
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Kameo has more than likely gone Xbox exclusive. Such a shame.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:36
"The Will of D."
Saying back to some games coming out here first is not exactly true because Starfox Adventures was RARE exclusive and it didn't come out here first.
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:34
Regular
True but Goldeneye did, Perfect Dark was only a week difference and Banjo did as well. There is Eidios who do bring games to us first. Then the new guys behind Asylum, and then there is DMA.
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:58
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
me and asher d went for a job at rare. they only accepted me as asher d was not good enough. i did not take the job because i did not want to be away from him.

cool out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.