GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham 'sorry' as Bolton beat United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 16:53
Regular
David Beckham has apologised for the mistake which saw Bolton land their second successive victory at Old Trafford.

It was Beckham's failure to control a loose ball inside his own penalty area with 12 minutes remaining which created the space from which Kevin Nolan lashed home Bolton's winner.

After six home defeats last term, it was a shattering blow to United - and for Beckham, who worked tirelessly in his role as stand-in skipper, but with little reward.

"I have to apologise to the fans," said Beckham. "They pay their money to watch us and it was my silly mistake which cost us.

"At 0-0 you are always likely to leave yourself exposed by pushing forward but they wouldn't have scored if it hadn't been for my mistake. We are not playing to our best but we have to get up there quickly.

"We are not happy being eighth in the league but it is up to us to get ourselves out of it."

Bolton pushed forward at every opportunity and but for the inevitable late siege which followed Nolan's opener, held United's attack quite comfortably.

Despite Beckham's best efforts, the home team just couldn't finish. Ruud van Nistelrooy should have done better than crash his shot against the bar in the dying stages of the opening period, then late on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Mikael Silvestre and Diego Forlan all went close.

But the breakthrough wouldn't come and it was the home fans who were left cursing their luck at the end as the visitors celebrated long into the night.

"It was a fantastic game and we played some great stuff in spasmodic periods," admitted Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I don't know how we are going to get a goal for Diego Forlan, he is so unlucky. Their goalkeeper made a couple of fantastic saves. It is disappointing to lose but this is just one of a series of surprising results this season."

I'm so glad they lost, i hate manchester untied they could all rot in hell for all i care.
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
David Beckham has apologised for the mistake which saw Bolton land their second successive victory at Old Trafford.

It was Beckham's failure to control a loose ball inside his own penalty area with 12 minutes remaining which created the space from which Kevin Nolan lashed home Bolton's winner.

After six home defeats last term, it was a shattering blow to United - and for Beckham, who worked tirelessly in his role as stand-in skipper, but with little reward.

"I have to apologise to the fans," said Beckham. "They pay their money to watch us and it was my silly mistake which cost us.

"At 0-0 you are always likely to leave yourself exposed by pushing forward but they wouldn't have scored if it hadn't been for my mistake. We are not playing to our best but we have to get up there quickly.

"We are not happy being eighth in the league but it is up to us to get ourselves out of it."

Bolton pushed forward at every opportunity and but for the inevitable late siege which followed Nolan's opener, held United's attack quite comfortably.

Despite Beckham's best efforts, the home team just couldn't finish. Ruud van Nistelrooy should have done better than crash his shot against the bar in the dying stages of the opening period, then late on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Mikael Silvestre and Diego Forlan all went close.

But the breakthrough wouldn't come and it was the home fans who were left cursing their luck at the end as the visitors celebrated long into the night.

"It was a fantastic game and we played some great stuff in spasmodic periods," admitted Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I don't know how we are going to get a goal for Diego Forlan, he is so unlucky. Their goalkeeper made a couple of fantastic saves. It is disappointing to lose but this is just one of a series of surprising results this season."

I'm so glad they lost, i hate manchester untied they could all rot in hell for all i care.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah well!

At least he's got the decency to apologise, unlike Roy Keane.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
True.
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I think it's disgraceful the amount of stick some Man U fans have given him for that goal. He's one of the best footballers in the world, possibly the best winger in the Premiership who scores and sets up goals almost every game...he makes one mistake and he has to grovel?

I blame Roy Keane.

He has nothing really to do with the subject, but he's an aarsehole anyway.
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:30
"High polygon count"
El blokey wrote:
> I think it's disgraceful the amount of stick some Man U fans have
> given him for that goal.

While non-Man U fans will no doubt find it amusing (I do), I have to say that it shows just how fickle some so-called fans can be.

The guy is heralded like a God week-in, week-out - yet he makes one mistake and they turn on him.
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:32
Regular
Where exactly have you heard all this stick against Beckham? Yes, he was to blame for the goal but i dont see anyone turning on him.
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:43
Regular
I haven't heard anything about fans turning on him either. Probably twisted by some Arsenal fans.
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:45
"High polygon count"
Figo wrote:
> I haven't heard anything about fans turning on him either. Probably
> twisted by some Arsenal fans.

Nah, probably Scousers of Leeds fans.

Arsenal fans know we're better, so there's no need to make up stories. :-)
Thu 12/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
Grrr...At least we haven't got a weak and feeble captain :D

*Points in direction of insults in the Vieira topic* :D
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:01
"High polygon count"
No, but you haven't got a very talented one either. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.