GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The SPOF is here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 16:48
Regular
Welcome to the spof. And that's not a spelling mistake, it's a spof, okay?

So, what's a spof? Well, it's a multiple spoof of many things TV and the like. Just read it...

Featuring an all-star cast...?

Mr Happy
Microchips
BIGMAN
Ashley
Cubist
Whitestripes
Quinty
Kluczynski Federal
Shadow
Ranger Guy
Mattyboy
Mandatare
Reddy
CDouch
Agreeable H
Ultima Weapon
Stryke
Mystique
MoJoJoJo
Sniper
Dark Mark
Badgerman
Tiltawhirl
Semajal
Sgt Pepper
Maverick42
Hercules
Scouse Tw@t
FinalFantasyMeister

Meka Dragon presents:

Sunday Evening

(in the next post)
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:48
Regular
"not dead"
Welcome to the spof. And that's not a spelling mistake, it's a spof, okay?

So, what's a spof? Well, it's a multiple spoof of many things TV and the like. Just read it...

Featuring an all-star cast...?

Mr Happy
Microchips
BIGMAN
Ashley
Cubist
Whitestripes
Quinty
Kluczynski Federal
Shadow
Ranger Guy
Mattyboy
Mandatare
Reddy
CDouch
Agreeable H
Ultima Weapon
Stryke
Mystique
MoJoJoJo
Sniper
Dark Mark
Badgerman
Tiltawhirl
Semajal
Sgt Pepper
Maverick42
Hercules
Scouse Tw@t
FinalFantasyMeister

Meka Dragon presents:

Sunday Evening

(in the next post)
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
"not dead"
The screen went blank. FinalFantasyMeister looked at his Playstation2. The blue light had gone out. He switched the TV over, it was fine. He realised his PS2 was broken.

"Damn" He thought "This must be some kind of punishment for signing up to the spof late."

It was Sunday.

FinalFantasyMeister looked back at the TV, a program was starting. Without PS2 he figured he may as well watch it, until he heard the familiar tune. He tried to switch channels, but too late, he was frozen in lamality.

'Last of the Summer Wine' had already started.

Maverick42, Hercules and Scouse Tw@t were walking slowly along the road, muttering about times gone by.

"Hey, let's go to the tea rooms!" suggested Hercules.

"You only want to go there to see Mystique." chuckled Maverick42

"Phwoar" said Hercules, readjusting his hat.

"ha, ha, ha can't you see she's not interested?" said Scouse Tw@t

"She's just playing hard to get"replied Herc

*CANNED LAUGHTER*

The next scene sees Hercules come running out of the tea rooms, holding his head.

Mystique soon follows "Get out of here you dirty old man"

She's waving a rolling pin.

"Ah, love is pain" says Hercules

*CANNED LAUGHTER*

"So, what shall we do now?" Asked Scouse Tw@t

"Let's see what old Sgt Pepper is up to" suggested Maverick42. The 42 was roughly half of his age.

So our three 'heroes' arrive at Sgt Pepper's house, and hear a bang coming from the garage. Sgt Pepper walks out with his face blackened.

*CANNED LAUGHTER*

"What ever happened to you?" Asked Maverick42

"Oh" said Sgt Pepper "I was trying to get my old car started, soo I could drive around with a tin bath on the back of it for no apparent reason."

"Looks like you need a bath Sgt Pepper" said Hercules

"You can talk!" said Scouse Tw@t

*CANNED LAUGHTER*

The three old people leave Sgt Pepper to get on with things, and go sit on a wall. They spot a bush rustling, then it moves.

"Whatever's going on there?" asked Scouse Tw@t

Maverick42 walked up to the bush, and shouted "Boo!"

The bush drops it's leaves, and reveals a nearly naked Semajal.

"Me clothes, I've lost me clothes" he said.

"Ho, ho, ho Semajal, you don't half get into some wacky situations" laughed Hercules.

*CANNED LAUGHTER*

Suddenly, the old folks spot a dark cloud over the horizon.

"Looks like rain, we'd better get home." said Maverick42

"Hey, here comes Sgt Pepper, we can get a lift with him!" said Hercules.

So they flag down Sgt Pepper.

"Okay boys, you can get a lift, just hop into the bath I have on the back of the car for no apparent reason" said Sgt Pepper.

So off they go, all three of them riding in a tin bath. But, oh no! the rope tying the bath to the car snaps, and the bath comes loose, flying down the hill!

Surprise, surprise, it goes crashing into the river.

It floats for a while.

"Oh no, there's a hole" exclaimed Maverick42.

The next time we see the lads they're sitting on the wall again, soaking wet.

At this point FinalFantasyMeister managed to snap out of his trance, and tried to switch the TV off. Unfortunately he hit the wrong button, and changed channel, just as another show was starting...

Heartbeat.

FinalFantasyMeister was never a fan of the show, especially after Tiltawhirl left and was replaced by Badgerman. At least the theme tune was still sung by Tiltawhirl.

But what was FinalFantasyMeister thinking? Yet again he found himself unable to look away, fixed on the banality of his TV.

Badgerman was riding his bike, to the sounds of 1960's music. He arrived at the policestation, took off his helmet, and smiled at the camera.

He walked in.

"Ah, Badgerman, glad you're here." Said Dark Mark

"Go see Sniper, I think he's been up to no good again. MoJoJoJo says that his sheep have gone missing."

"I'll get right to it boss." replied Badgerman.

He hopped back on his motorbike, and drove off. Another 60's classic played.

As he passes the pub he waves to Mystique.

Mystique waves back, as Badgerman rides off into the distance, Mystique hears a voice.

"Excuse me, mein name ist, um.. Stryke, and I vas vondering if you had a place to stay for a few days."

Certainly Stryke. We have rooms here. You have an interesting accent, where are you from?" replied Mystique.

"I am from Volverhampton. I am not from Germany, no, not me. I am certainly not a German var criminal on ze run."

"Er, I'll show you to your room."

Meanwhile, Badgerman arrives at Snipers place, and spots a poorly written sign. 'Wool 4 Sail' is written on a warped piece of wood. Badgerman shakes his head when seeing the sign, and pushes the gate open with a creak.

"Sniper, I couldn't help but notice your sign."

"Sign, what sign?" replied Sniper.

"Wool 4 Sail"

"Oh, that sign. Ultima Weapon wrote it for me."

"So Sniper, where did you get this wool?"

"Bought it at Abbecrombe market yesterday. From a bloke called Agreeable H. You can speak to him if you like."

"So, you know nothing about MoJoJoJo's sheep?"

"Yeah, about waist height, fluffy things, yeah I know about sheep."

"But they've gone missing!"

"Ave they? Who would do a thing like that?"

"Well I'm going to check out this Agreeable H, your story had better check out Sniper."

"Oh, it will, it will."

So Badgerman rides off again, looking back at the sign one last time.

Back at the pub, they've opened for lunch.

"Could I please have vone of your English pints of beer please" asks Stryke.

"Certainly sir" replies CDouch, with a puzzled look on his face.

Stryke goes to sit on a table with an elderly gentleman.

CDouch calls over to Mystique. "I think there's something strange about our guest"

"Yes, but he assures me he's from Wolverhampton, and is not a German war criminal on the run" replied Mystique

"That's okay then"

Meanwhile Badgerman is just arriving at the market.

"Do you know an Agreeable H?"

"Why sir I do. I be Reddy, and he works for me on that stall over thar." replies the man, pointing to his left.

"And does he sell wool?"

"Sometimes"

So Badgerman goes over to Agreeable H and says "Did you sell a large quantity of wool to a man called Sniper yesterday?"

"Yes" agrees Agreeable H.

"Okay, thanks."

Badgerman curses at his lack of a lead in the investigation.

In a house back in town we hear an old man speaking "Stryke you seem like such a nice chap, have my life savings!"

"Vy thank you Mandatare. I shall in no way be using zis money to escape back to Deutshland"

We here a screech of tyres outside, and Badgerman bursts in.

"Stryke, or should I say Kluczynski Federal, you are under arrest for the slaughter of sheep, and for being a German war criminal on the run, as well as an awful, awful stereotype."

Back in the pub later in the evening Mystique is questioning Badgerman.

"But how did you know?"

"Well, once I spoke to Agreeable H it became quite apparent that I'd been sent on a wild goose chase. On the way back here I spotted a dead sheep on the road, left positioned doing a Nazi salute. The obvious conclusion was that a German war criminal on the run was going to try to rob our towns richest and most senile man, Mandatare."

"Oh you really are my hero" replied Mystique, and the end credits roll.

FinalFantasyMeister was again freed from his trance, but, surprisingly, again failed to hit the standby button, and switched over, and was once again captivated.

"Hi, I'm Mattyboy, and you join us here on Time Team at a very exciting time. Ranger Guy, tell the people what we've just found!!!"

"Oh Mattyboy, it's very exciting, after digging for just five minutes we found this piece of green glass. It could date back thousands of years to the ealr days of glass-blowing!" replied Ranger Guy

"Yes, and there seems to be some kind of primitive paper attached to it. It says 'Becks' on it, which could have been a Nordic God, or something" added Shadow

"It's a beer bottle guys. Dates back to last night, when we had a few drinks after finding the primitive rubber." Said Quinty.

"Damn." said Mattyboy "Anyway, Whitestripes, what can you tell us about this rubber?"

"Well Mattyboy, it seems to have been used for holding some kind of primitive glue."

"Yes" added Cubist "It was full of this white fliud, that was somewhat sticky."

"And salty" finished Ashley.

"You, tasted it?" Questioned Mystique, looking a little guilty, and somewhat familiar to FinalFantasyMeister at this stage.

"Wow! Who knows what historical find we have found! BIGMAN and Microchips are currently concentrating their digging efforts too, and have gone down some 20 metres. Only they can't get out, as they didn't dig in steps as they went, and we don't have a ladder that long..." said Mattyboy.

"Schtop, Schtop" Shouted Mr Happy, bursting into FinalFantasyMeisters living room.
"your brain is not ready for this yet. You must wait for your mind to grow old, and lose sight of your dreams before settling down on a sunday with Last of the Summer Wine, and Heartbeat. And look at these Time Team people, they have found nothing!

Watch this, it is much better for you, and will keep the mind active, it's called 'Mulholland Drive'. Mystique is in it...."
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:01
Regular
:0D
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Brilliant.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Very Nice Meka :D

That was actually quite good to read. And I ain't saying that just because I was in it ;)
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:11
Regular
""It's a beer bottle guys. Dates back to last night, when we had a few drinks after finding the primitive rubber." Said Quinty.
"Damn." said Mattyboy "Anyway, Whitestripes, what can you tell us about this rubber?" Well Mattyboy, it seems to have been used for holding some kind of primitive glue."
"Yes" added Cubist "It was full of this white fliud, that was somewhat sticky."
"And salty" finished Ashley.
"You, tasted it?" Questioned Mystique, looking a little guilty, and somewhat familiar to FinalFantasyMeister at this stage. "

Ohhh.Myyy.God.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Exellent.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
"¬_¬"
:( No me.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:13
Regular
"i am fubby"
not as good as your mario one...but brilliant none the less
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:33
Regular
That was pretty funny. The glue made me cring like never before. Im glad that i wasnt in that one.

But nevertheless i expect to be in the next one. :\

please

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.