GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If we DO lose Rare, will YOU buy an X-Box??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
Personally, if Rare announced today that all their future titles will be on X-Box, I wouldn't rush out and buy one tomorrow. For me, the X-Box really is very unappealing. I used to want Halo, but seeing as it's now coming out on PC, I'm not bothered about that. There are no games I want, I curse that 'controller' and it's just so damn ugly! (Those are all my own opinions, so no X-Box fanboys please).

I tells ya, Rare's games would have to be REALLY special for me to buy an X-Box, and even then, I'd wait till it's reduced to about £100.
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Personally, if Rare announced today that all their future titles will be on X-Box, I wouldn't rush out and buy one tomorrow. For me, the X-Box really is very unappealing. I used to want Halo, but seeing as it's now coming out on PC, I'm not bothered about that. There are no games I want, I curse that 'controller' and it's just so damn ugly! (Those are all my own opinions, so no X-Box fanboys please).

I tells ya, Rare's games would have to be REALLY special for me to buy an X-Box, and even then, I'd wait till it's reduced to about £100.
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Well considering ive just read something saying that metal gear solid 3 may be an x-box exclusive aswel it meansi may well be persuaded to buy an xbox. I dont particularly want to buy that hunk of junk either, its just so big fat and ugly to look at!!!
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:32
Regular
At the moment, i have neither the money to get an xbox or the time to play the games (in addition to those i'll have for the cube).
But if i didn't have a dvd, or i would be able to actually play the games, rare jumping on board would probably tip the balance for me to get one.
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:37
Regular
"Festivus!"
In a word, never.
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:48
Regular
No. And I'd still reckon that if I ever win an X-box or somehow get one for free, theres still a 50% I'd just sell it.
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:25
Regular
I had an xbox, i sold an xbox. After the rumours started.

I cant be bothered to buy a console which doesnt appeal to me. There are very few games i like the look of, or would enjoy playing. And im one of those guys who have changed their mind about how good rare is becuase of those people leaving and the game not being as good as the rest when they "jumped" the bus. Im not concidering rare as the top class developer they used to be becuase of that and also the fact no 128Bit game has been seen.

If rare do leave then they will make about a games few games in a few years.
Just for the hell of it lets say they make 10 games on the xbox before xbox 2 is released.
So thats 10 games, even if its the same old rare at least 2 or 3 of them will be dodgy. making 8. Only about 4 of them will be "the best" games.

So add that to the titles that intrest you on the xbox, which you cant get on the GC or PS2, and for me that gives around 10 games, maybe 15.

when on the GC it still had nintendo, plus soem others.

I might buy an Xbox near its death, when its cheap, or see if xbox 2 will have playback ability and buy that instead. Also they better make a better controller, i hated it.

I dont see MS doing "great" in this console wars but next time, when its just them and sony, maybe that one that didnt enter this year. I see them doing very well becuase nintendo wont be exclusive, and if they do i see MS getting it.
MS had the money, so has Sony. But MS has more.
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:26
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I have contacts in many places and.....
I have found a copy of the Contract!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/gamecube/index.html

Proper genuine!
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nothing at this moment will convince me to buy an x-box, not unless I won the lottery. However good rare is, it going to the x-box, if it does end up going to the x-box, wont make me loose any sleep.

There are plenty of other equally decent devlopers out there who produce good quality exclusive games, so I don't feel I'll be missing much if Rare do depart.
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:07
Regular
Rare is one of those developers that live of reputation, i need good games to convince me.

Also will MS help them as much as nintendo did?, like in starfox.
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:37
"The Will of D."
NO ******* WAY AM I GOING TO BUY AN XBOX IF RARE JOIN THEM! If they do I will spit on their grave when they die!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.