GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At last! A REAL Use for the X-Box!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Incase you are unware of what happened one year ago today (for one strange reason or another), America is on stand-by as no-one really knows if they will or if they won't, exactly one year on. Or even if they do once again, what they'll go for.

If you are a regular viewer of everyone's favourite cartoon familly, The Simpsons, then you will have no doubt seen the episode that envolves Bart's Comet - discovered by Bart Simpson himself, before Springfield learns the truth that it is destined for their homeland.
Incase you haven't seen it, the people of Springfield send a rocket off into the Comet's path, in-hope that it will be destroyed.
However, it all goes wrong, and the rocket goes of-course, destroying the only exit from the doomed town with only hours left to live.

But Homer, being the Genius that he is, hatches a plan...
He and his familly (Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie) all rush to the BombShelter - that they don't have! Well, not in their garden anyway...
So it's over to the Flanders' back yard, and soon-enough, along comes the rest of the small town you cannot find on any map.

Of course, they all ended-up safe and sound in the end thanks to the O-Zone Layer, just like Homer said. But in the real world, would we really be wise to gamble to lives of millions on something people have been moaning about for years??

If Bin Laden's and maybe even Saddam's men too were to attack the USA for the second time in 365 days, surely Homer's Bomb Shelter idea (which was destroyed by the Comet) would be a much better place to be.
But is there anyone out-there who could really provide us with a Bomb Shelter suitable for protecting us from war???

Yes there is - and all Americans have "Billion Dollar Bill" Gates to thank for releasing the Microsoft X-Box on us, months in advance.

We just KNEW there had to be at least ONE good use for the over-sized box of power, and we knew that it couldn't possibly be for Gaming solely.
But now we have it..... the X-Box is the perfect place to hide-in, away from all those Air Raids.

Think about it....
It's bigger than anything else we've ever seen...
It's dark, so it will blend in with the darkness and hide-away in the night...
That big Green Light in the middle - it must be some kind of searchlight (like the Batman one) to see if all is bright and rosy yet...
And look at how much you can store inside it!!

Only thing it can't do is move. But with it's thick and durable outer-layering and space for a country inside, the X-Box is perfect.
Anyone who has recently picked one up for a newly reduced price must be feeling ontop of the world.

Seems like a bit of a waste for us 'War-free' Europeans though.
But you cannot hide inside a PS2, and don't even think-about the GameCube!!

Nice one Gatesy.

-----

Sorry if anyone feels offended by this post - even X-Box owners.
'Offending People' was not part of my intentions here. :)
Fri 13/09/02 at 18:11
"The Will of D."
Or is it destined that you had to post this for everone to notice the time.
Fri 13/09/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And I swear to you all that I had absolutely no idea of what the time was when I posted this!! :O

A pure coincidence!
Fri 13/09/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Cool_Dude_2002 wrote:
"If you want to stop someone from cumming into you room you can just put it in front of the door."

But then it'll get covered in...... EUGH!

And thanks to all the people who replied and UNDERSTOOD that it was all a JOKE (with the exception of one person!). I'm glad to see that some people found something I wrote to be funny. :)
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
If you want to stop someone from cumming into you room you can just put it in front of the door.

OR

You can drop it on someone to kill them.

HEHE

That would be COOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:56
Regular
no no no. Youve got it all wrong. If you think about it logically, no one can fit inside the xbox. One the casing isnt big enuff. And two inside the casing is microchips and what-nots that make it the best cosole on the market.

You may however be able to slot an embryo in there somewhere, but its pretty much the same for the gc and ps2.

Unless however you are but a millimeter tall and you are now jumping on the keys to type. Your theory might work.
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:

>Playing Excellent Xbox Games.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

;)

Te-he!
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:51
Regular
Urgh.

Use for my xbox = Playing Excellent Xbox Games.
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:29
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
lol, very funny!
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:02
Regular
Heh, 1:47, well done :)
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Good stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.