GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart GC Ideas"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/09/02 at 17:52
Regular
Afteran eager look through release dates recently, I was gutted to find out the Mario Kart is not expected until 2003/2004, which is far too long away for my liking. I was wondering whether it was down to lack of ideas for it. Highly unlikely with Miyamoto at the helm I know, but what if it did happen? I decided to make up my own list of potential things that could go into the final game...

-Relay

One of the key fetures of Mario Kart has always been the difference in the drivers abilities and this could be used to awesome effect in a relay mode. Think about the things you'd have to think about? You'd have to position people in your 'flleet, so that you save the best for last and you drive a good race. You'd also have to position yourselves correctly so that you can pass the baton on.

There would have to be teams involved of course, otherwise everyone would pick the fastest. There could be a 'Mushroom Kingdom' one containing Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, a Bowser team With Bowser, Baby Bowser a Koopa Troopa and a MagiKoopa in and possibly even a yoshi team with Yoshi in, Baby Mario and 2 of those Baby Yoshis in. Any other Teams you suggest will be fine by me...

-Stranger Courses

I would love some more courses, the stranger the better. By strange I mean more things going on in the level. Making a Luigi's Mansion level would be great. the first racer to get to tthe mario painting and take it back the GADD'S office would be the winner. Ghosts could also appear and hamper your efforts. Mario Sunshine levels could be involved, but seeing as I am yet to play it, I couldn't suggest anything.

-Revamp

Would be brilliant, wouldn't it? Playing the old Super Maio Kart, but with updates and Cel Shaded graphics. It could be brilliant and would go down as a winner with all fans of the original. Of course I don't know much about Cel Shaded graphics and don't know if the whole game would have to go into them, but if revamping the courses was possible, I'd love it.

-Win Stuff

Winning stuff would be great and something that seemed to be lacking in Mario Kart. I loved the original MK but after 100's of hours of playtime I got bored of having to race withe the same characters on the same tracks all the time. that's why I suggest 'winable' characters. If you complete a certain task you get a chracter, lets say Link and then you do the same task with him, you could unlock a Zelda course. Yes I know it is Mario Kart, but they could branch out a bit.

-Weapons

The weapons were the best part of MK, especially that one that shrank them all, leaving you to race home for a victory. It wpould be good if they'd update some weapons. I'd love to see the hoover from Luigi's Mansion appear which, when used, sucked in opponents and turned them into a painting tempararily. Mario Water cannon could be used as a kind of oil to maek other skid and slide, and Yoshids vomit juice could blind others make them lose control

-Kart Fighting

This idea is pretty much a rip off of 'Monkey Fight' from them super monkeys in the balls. You could ride around, in your kart, on a small arena and try and knock the other fighters off. Would be great as multiplayer, and it could go places where only Nintendo could take it. Imagine, you would be able to send Toad plummeting to his death after all those years of living from Maros fame, or even get Bowser once and for all. We can dream can't we?

This is a major rumour at the moment and one that I pray that is true. If Nintendo put Mario Kart online it will be one of the most talked about and wanted games of all time. Think about it. Beating those americans would be a good incentive to buy it, but beating Japanese on there home turf would be awesome.

Please feel free to suggest any other ideas as I will welcome them with open arms!
Fri 06/09/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Festivus!"
Foreman wrote:
> rockin nanan wrote:
> so you read magazines the idea of a hoover stolen
>
> Yep N.GC Magazine, Issue 70, page 50. A few ideas been stolen like the
> hoover and the relay.
>
> Surprised you didn't put the upgradable Karts and Track Editor

Maybe I haerd them somewhere and just thought them as my own? soory for any inconveinence.
Fri 06/09/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Baros!!!"
rockin nanan wrote:

Yep N.GC Magazine, Issue 70, page 50. A few ideas been stolen like the hoover and the relay.

Surprised you didn't put the upgradable Karts and Track Editor
Fri 06/09/02 at 07:36
Regular
"Festivus!"
Starlight wrote:
> I want the online idea to go through so I could play you lot at it and
> then of course destroy you all with my superior skills.
>
> (Especially Cooky)
>
> :)

What? It will be ME winning all the races!
Thu 05/09/02 at 22:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I want the online idea to go through so I could play you lot at it and then of course destroy you all with my superior skills.

(Especially Cooky)

:)
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
rockin nanan wrote:

What? I've only bought one mag since I've had the GC, which was this moths edition of NOM. I honestly thought of that one by myself, but obviously someone pipped me to the post :(
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:23
so you read magazines the idea of a hoover stolen
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:01
Regular
"Festivus!"
Tyrael wrote:
> A racing league over the net would be brilliant.
>
> And Tribute, don't count your chickens.

lol, I am okay at MK, but nothing special. I( always end up having a crap start and blowing my chances but I usually catch up without 10 metres left.
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:58
A racing league over the net would be brilliant.

And Tribute, don't count your chickens.
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Festivus!"
Tyrael wrote:
> Some nice ideas there Tribute.
>
> How about things like Kart Football or something like that. I know
> it's been done before, but would be quite good, especially with the
> weapons as well to make it more interesting.
>
> There could also be racing tournaments as well, or a racing league.
> This would be a great multiplayer addition, and would certainly add to
> the longetivity of the game.

I don't think they'd do the football, simply because Nintendo have to be perfect with everything they do. Also they recently critisised minigames at a conference, saying something to the effect of 'they should be playing on the main game'. I'd love to see it involved though.

A racing league would rule, especially over the web. I would love to whip all of your butts at it (which I would)
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:46
Some nice ideas there Tribute.

How about things like Kart Football or something like that. I know it's been done before, but would be quite good, especially with the weapons as well to make it more interesting.

There could also be racing tournaments as well, or a racing league. This would be a great multiplayer addition, and would certainly add to the longetivity of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.