GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'll miss you guys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/11/05 at 12:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If the forums die, I'll miss all you guys and how stupid you are. There have been some good times, like way back when the GC was first coming out and we were all waiting patiently to play Rogue Squadron, or when we all first tried a DS. Without this forum I reckon I would have missed out on quite a few games over the years, Beyond Good & Evil comes to mind. What are you guyses memories?
I'll miss the anticipation, speculation and excitement about new games and hardware. I told you all it would be like a fishing rod. I promise I did. And that there would be no touch screen.
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
34 GADs (well, 31 after the collapse :-() is a pretty damn good achievement. So, yeah. I'll miss this place as well. If it does go, obviously.
Thu 17/11/05 at 21:10
Regular
"NJAN"
Rozza1001 wrote:
> ive never tried to win a GAD, i just post short messages in what i
> think are relevent threads, probably why i'm not a regular yet

ditto.

:-)
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:20
Regular
I have indeed won a ridiculous amount of times.

But 2 of the games I didn't get as the company went bust.
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:55
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
ive never tried to win a GAD, i just post short messages in what i think are relevent threads, probably why i'm not a regular yet
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:32
Regular
"NJAN"
Dringo wrote:
> I have won 36 times and that is the most special one of them all.

does that mean that you won 36 games? for free?

holy moley!!!

ive been on the forums for nearly 4 years and never won a thing!

guess i should do more posting and less reading. :-)

Sad story that Special Reserve are shutting down, the shop was shyt but the forums are good craic alright.
Wed 16/11/05 at 19:03
Regular
I'll never forget my first Gameaday, Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64...

I have won 36 times and that is the most special one of them all.

Tony hopes GAD will continue.
Wed 16/11/05 at 18:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm wishing that I'd claimed a GAD that was in stock, because now I've lost it, but I'm sad to see Special Reserve go, I've spent a lot of money over the years and I've almost always been satisfied. Except when they sent me Donkey Konga 2x instead of Jungle Beat.

I'll never forget getting Perfect Dark a day early, or getting Rogue Squadron through the post on the morning of the 3rd May, but having no console to play it on.
Wed 16/11/05 at 16:08
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
The fact that I won 10 GAD's is a very, very nice bonus. But yeah, I haven't won (or tried) in about two years.

<3 you guys. :P
Wed 16/11/05 at 14:34
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
gerrid wrote:
> It's still a good opportunity to reminisce, though. And not everyone
> will necessarily come back without the free games on a stick

Bah... I nevr came on here for the games... it was this very (Ninty) forum that got my attention way back in 2001... when I made my first ever JAT post titled "GT3 comes to Gamecube" or something... I got flamed for deliberately wanting attention. Which was the only reason I posted in the first place.

Happy days
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Edit: Dammit. Did it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.