GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft buy Rare?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:37
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The rumour continues. Perfect Dark Zero will be developed exclusively
> for Xbox.

God damn. That was one of my most anticipated titles for GameCube! Good thing I ordered an Xbox last night :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:18
"High polygon count"
So now Xbox is a kiddie console too? Oh no!

Save me, PS2 - you're my only hope!

;-p
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:54
Regular
These rumours are probably nothing but flibbertegibbertry, scandalmongery, tittle-tattle and idle prattle.

Still, I hope it's true.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:57
Regular
"ProGolfer"
well least we can use this against the nintys when hey invade.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:15
Regular
To be honest if Rare where bought out by Microsoft then it wouldn't be so bad, if they where bought by Sony then i'd cry. I wouldn't mind having to buy an Xbox bu i'd nevber in a million years want a PS2.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
oh joy we get a few crappy games from a crappy ninty developer oh joy.
Tue 03/09/02 at 18:09
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> oh joy we get a few crappy games from a crappy ninty developer oh joy.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were both in the same league as Halo if not better so don't go calling Rare crap...
Tue 03/09/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
auf deutsch wrote:
> ~Resurection~ wrote:
> oh joy we get a few crappy games from a crappy ninty developer oh
> joy.
>
> Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were both in the same league as Halo if not
> better so don't go calling Rare crap...

LOL there in completly seperate divisions mate :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 18:14
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> oh joy we get a few crappy games from a crappy ninty developer oh joy.

Oh God, you really have no idea do you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.