GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dave Gorman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 11:27
Regular
If you don't know who Dave Gorman is, you are missing one of the most original comedians of this time. If you don't know him you will never of heard of his brilliant "Dave Gorman Collection" from sevral years ago which was recently replayed on BBC2. In it, he searched the country far and wide for people who shared the same name as him, Dave Gorman, after being bet by his best friend he couldn't get one for ever card in the deck including the jokers. 56 Dave Gormans. Rising to the challenge he did it. And as well as that he tried to work out how many miles you had to go to find a Dave Gorman. He found all 56. He went to each and everyone of them, recorded them saying "Hi I'm Dave Gorman", shook their hands and then continued his search.

The idea was crazy, but strangely hilarious and addictive television.

In his search, he found a Dave Gorman from all the way out in Israel where he had a slight bit of trouble getting into, when asked his purpose of visit (to find some men called Dave Gorman, shake their hands and record them saying "Hi I'm Dave Gorman), he had a star named after him to add to his search (however this star was millions maybe billions of miles away and would have done much harm to his miles per Dave Gorman) and several people changed their names to Dave Gorman to aid his search (even a married couple changed their names to Dave Gorman, yes even the girl..).

It was a crazy search which many will have not seen due to hardly any adverts. However newspapers picked up on to it, and other television shows such as the Big Breakfast, but still not everyone saw it. And those people should be very sad.

However don’t fret, after that extremely original series, Gorman is back with yet another. This one is a six part series in which he investigates for 40 days and 40 nights whether horoscopes (And the 20 astrologers that read them) have any impact on your life whatsoever and if so whether they make it better or worse. His twin brother Nick plays the role of the control, which does not follow his horoscope whereas Gorman himself follows his horoscopes to the exact detail. So far one episode has played, in which Gorman makes a new friend, where’s purple clothing from a charity shop (luck wears purple), helps shift gravel at a local school, wins £500ish whilst placing a bet on Trevor Sinclair scoring first in a game, and comparing his happiness with the control. The difference in both of their happiness’s being the result of the horoscope. Happiness being a combination of health, wealth and love.

So if you ever wondered whether horoscopes are full of rubbish, or whether they maybe can aid you in winning the lottery, or getting love in your life make sure you watch how the series “Dave Gormans Important Astrology Experiment” unfolds on Sunday nights, BBC2..
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
It was 54 Dave Gormans he was after.

I saw him do an entire show basen on 'Reasons To Be Cheerful' by The Blockheads (also born out of a bet in a pub) and it was fantastic.
Tue 03/09/02 at 19:58
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
'Now, I happen to know quite a lot of people with the same initials as me...'
Tue 03/09/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Starlight wrote:
> Yep this was fantastic! Saw it a while ago, nice and original. I
> liked the part with the party and he had lots of name tags lined up
> all with Dave Gorman on. :)

hehe I remember that.
Tue 03/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yep this was fantastic! Saw it a while ago, nice and original. I liked the part with the party and he had lots of name tags lined up all with Dave Gorman on. :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 17:00
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I remember seeing Dave Gorman years and years ago on a comedy show. He had undertaken one of those bets with his mate who claimed that: it would be impossible to do a stand up routine based entirely on the prime numbers. For some reason it was hilarious.

His other two shows are also great; they are also cleverer than people may give credit for and the timing and delivery of his quips is outstanding.

Intelligent humour, ah, makes a change from the usual pap like Two pints of lager or My Hero.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:03
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Your Honour wrote:
> I saw this but complete fluke on sunday night, and thought it was
> hilarious.
>
> I'd seen a couple of the previous shows where he'd been looking for
> other people called Dave Gorman, but I didn't see them all,
> unfortunately. However, this new one I will definately be watching
> every week.

Everyone sees it by fluke.
I caught the Dave Gorman Collection about half way through the series when it was premiered whilst flicking through the channels, and watched several episodes, however missed the last one because I had Duke of Edinburgh expedition.

The next series I missed the first few and only realised it was being repeated when I came across it by accident.

This new series I only realised it was on ten minutes into the show, so I missed a bit of it, but now I plan to miss no more!

If only they'd advertise it on BBC1 and 2!
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:46
Regular
I saw this but complete fluke on sunday night, and thought it was hilarious.

I'd seen a couple of the previous shows where he'd been looking for other people called Dave Gorman, but I didn't see them all, unfortunately. However, this new one I will definately be watching every week.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
God i remember watching the dave gorman show. My mate kept going on about it so one night i watched it. So stupid it's hilarious.
The average dave gorman was bloody funny and the last show was quite good how he invited all dave gormans to a party.
Nice!
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I saw it... it was excellent.

Fantastic... when he had to meet swimmer bloke AGAIN and when he won money.

I found it by accident... I'll watch next week as well.

Also at start... someone with same intials... he knows like 100 with his name :D
Tue 03/09/02 at 12:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I remember watching "The Dave Gorman Collection" when it was Play UK, and it was a good show, though I have to say I didn't laugh as much as I should have. Still it's nice to see something origanal for once, it makes a nice change from all those naff sitcoms the BBC seems to pumping out these days.

I'll have to see Dave's new show though, I'm suprised it's taken so long for a follow up to is last.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.