GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 Tour thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 12:19
Regular
Has anyone been to one of these? I'm thinking of going to the one in london the weekend after next.

However, I want to find out a bit more about it first. I don't really fancy an hour on the train each way, plus the tube, then a 2 1/2 hour queue (like at gamestars live) for only 5 mins on the machine.

So basically, any info much appreciated.

Cheers.
Fri 18/11/05 at 09:24
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> The time slots are half an hour, but you can usually get away with 2
> slots at a time, seeing as there are a lot of units, and not a huge
> demand to play some of the stuff.

Ah, this is the info I'm after. Wonder if you just have to queue up outside till there's space to go in though? I imagine the London one will be busy. Hopefully I'm wrong though...

Cheers Joe :-)
Fri 18/11/05 at 08:52
Regular
That would be me then :P
Fri 18/11/05 at 08:47
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
I shall be at the leeds one mid-morning sat. Just look for the chap with the big burns and g/f not looking too interested beside him :)
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Your Honour wrote:
> The thing I'm more interested in is how busy it was, and whether there
> was a huge amount of queuing.

Wasn't very busy at all, apparently. Just asked someone there.

The time slots are half an hour, but you can usually get away with 2 slots at a time, seeing as there are a lot of units, and not a huge demand to play some of the stuff.
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:22
Regular
Hah :D

I finish work at 14:00, so I could always make a long detour on my way home ;)
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:15
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers for that mate. Shame you aint going tomorrow..I could have given you a beating on PGR3 :p
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:11
Regular
The Light?

It's quite big for what it contains (it's nothing mall-sized) - sort of a lower-row consisting of the Hotel and some restaurants, mid-row with some shops and bars, then the upper row with the Cinema, Gym and Chinese Buffet restaurant.

If the 360s are going to be where I think they are, it's not that big as the Cinema Box Office, stairs, elevators and existing arcade machines are there.

If you look at this: [URL]http://www.leeds-cityscape.co.uk/light.jpg[/URL]

...I'm guessing it will be hosted in the area to the right, where the guy in the black jacket has his arm out. It may even be on the ground floor, but there are shops on both sides and it can get quite busy down there.
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:21
Regular
"Touched!"
So what is the place it's held in the Bullett? I hope it's big to accomodate a lot of 360's!
Thu 17/11/05 at 17:57
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers bullett! Will let u lot know how it is on fri/sat!
Thu 17/11/05 at 16:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'd imagine there were quite a few people there. It'll probably be even worse in London. Hmmmmmmmmmm, think I'll wait till launch night. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.