GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charity"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 13:11
Regular
Just had a brilliant idea. Christmas soon, but just think about all those poor kids who won't be at home for that special day. Stuck in hospital or whatever. Here's the deal.

For the first 2 weeks in December, all Gameaday winners donate their winnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the kids there to reap the benefit of, from us. If we all agree to this, then perhaps we can lobby SR to send a console along with it, like a DC or something.

At least that way those guys know that someone is thinking of them, and it should make them a little happier over the festive period whilst the rest of us are burning turkeys and pulling crackers. I'm up for it. Should I win between the 1st and the 14th December then I'd happily donate my prize to them, as long as SR agree to it and send a console along too. Anyone else?
Mon 18/12/00 at 15:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yippee! But you'd have done it anyway without this topic wouldn't you? A big thanks to JPW too, he actually paid up?
Mon 18/12/00 at 10:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I believe this is the topic which started the charity theme.

Great work Fantasy.

In the PS2 charity auction which took place on the Playstation 2 forum JPW bid £650 for a rare pre-christmas PS2. £400 of this will go to St Clare's Hospice Trust which runs a childrens hospice in Hastignwood.

Great Ormond Street Hospital have received their Playstation 2 pod courtesy of Sony. This includes a big flat screen TV and a maintenance contract. Games shown as Donated on the winners list are also being sent to GOSH and we hope to have some Filmaday prizes to send too, in the near future.

Many thanks to all who helped on this. We'll try to get a photo or two for the site.
Sat 09/12/00 at 19:49
If I win Ill give my game to charity too.
Fri 08/12/00 at 21:57
Thanks for extending the deadline till the 31st Special Reserve, Ive been trying to think up some good material, however doing this while trying to write up my 10 practicals (Trust me to leave all my work till the last minute) is difficult. Still Ill try to get some more stuff in before the 31st, every game I win from now till the 31st Ill give to the Kids.
Fri 08/12/00 at 15:48
"High polygon count"
Also...

Couldn't the "DONATED!" in the winner's list be a link to details about the donations, to inform those people who may not be aware of it, when they're checking to see if they've won?
Fri 08/12/00 at 14:08
"High polygon count"
Okay, here's another question...

We're blasting towards Xmas at an alarming rate. I doubt I'll be winning a game between now and then, as I don't really do reviews, and I can't think of a really interesting and original forum post at the moment.

Of course, that's not to say I'd win Gameaday, even if I did either of those things.

So... can I donate a game without winning? i.e. Can I make a payment to SR for a PS2 game, which they then add to the charity bundle?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I was in and out of GOSH for the best part of a year when I was a kid, and I'd really like to contribute to this.
Fri 08/12/00 at 13:26
Regular
"not dead"
Has everybody seen the gameaday page lately? It's been updated to tell of the charity arrangements, and there's a list of those that have contributed their prizes.

Top stuff SR!
Fri 08/12/00 at 10:48
Wow thats an excellent idea, if I win a game Ill donate it to charity too.
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:52
"High polygon count"
Booooo! :-)
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
NO EYED DEER

and

NOPE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.