GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life Without Shigsy"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 11:46
Regular
Your all Nintendo fans, (or spamming newbies), right?
So chances are you'll have heard the name Shigsy mentioned around the place. He's the main Nintendo man, and to my knowledge he created Nintendo (correct me if that was wrong)

But, what if Mummy & Daddy Shigsy never met? What if the name Shigsy was famous not for videogames but for being the star of a French comic book?

Firstly, there would be no Nintendo. No GC, No N64, No GBA, nothing. Mario and Zelda would not exist. Neither would any Pikmin, Super Smash Bros or anyhing like that. It seems a hard prospect to consider, but there wouldn't even be NES.

NES changed the shape of videogames quite dramatically. It's a legendary machine, and is referred to when many classic games are mentioned. Would that mean that without Nintendo, the gaming industry would be very different to what it is now? It's a possibility, at least.

The console war would be much different. Sega is the next best thing to Nintendo, so the console war could be XBox Vs PS2 Vs Sega Machine (Maybe Dreamcast). I think XBox and PS2 would be very short of fresh ideas due to no-one to create new genres. Sega would make something, then PS2 and XBox would copy it. That means, that maybe, just maybe, if there was no Shigsy Sega would be winning the console war. Just maybe.

Rare would probably either be developing multi-format, or have been brought by either Sega or Sony. Also, judging by Rare's talent, they might have enough ideas to release there own mini-console, and make there own games for it.

So, so far? Life without Shigsy would mean no Mario, Zelda or GC; it would eman gaming as a whole would be different; it would mean Sega were the main original game developers; the console war would be led by Sega; and the console war would be between Sony, Microsoft, Rare and Sega.

Weird.

Also, there would be no GBA. I'm sure that a different company would make handhelds though. Not Neogeo or anything. Maybe a developer like Konami would go into the business and make a handheld console or something. I'm sure of this one, but Shigsy made sure Nintendo were the best handheld makers.

The controllers would be all cheap takes on Playstation's one. They would all be heavy. The XBox would have it's same controller, but Rare and Sega's ones would be just like Sony's.

All consoles would be rectangular or square. 3D shapes would be far out of the question.

So, if Shigsy were not around:
- No Nintendo consoles
- No Mario or Zelda
- Gaming would be very different.
- Sega would lead the console war
- Rare would have a console
- A Konami handheld
- Imitation and heavy Controllers.
- Samey console design

Or, at least thats what i think.

What a man Shigsy is.
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:38
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
great post asher d brings up some good points.
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:18
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Er, can someone answer my question please. My faith in Shigsy is on the line here, wont someone think of the children?
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He sho' does.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:44
Regular
Link rules.

Shigsy rules.

You suck.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:38
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
i agree with asher d . link does stink of pooey gooey

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:17
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
life with him not making games woulg be better

he is gon crazy now

making flower games and car(baboon)toon zelda and it is horrible

cool out
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:03
Regular
Link is the most popular gaming character, or so says the polls on GameFaqs.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:36
Regular
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> I have a question for all of you Nintendo loyalists. I recently have
> bought a GC and i am really enjoying what Nintendo have to other, but
> i have one problem. It's not to do with my GC but with Shigsy himself.
> I don't really understand what he has to do with Mario and Luigi. I
> thought he had created them but when i eventually defeated Super Mario
> Land 2:^ Golden Coins, i watched the credits (i was bored O.K) and i
> saw that Shigsy's name wasn't mentioned at all. So what does Shigsy
> have to do with the Bros.?

You probably missed it. I'm sure Shigsy's been head of design for all Mario games. He would have been there in the design part and also for special thanks.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Unretired"
If there was no nintendo, It would be likely SNK would release more consoles, and yes NEO-GEO would be the best handheld, they would probably release a next-gen console, as well as others.

Neo-Geo didnt work because Gameboy beat the crap out of it.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:14
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I have a question for all of you Nintendo loyalists. I recently have bought a GC and i am really enjoying what Nintendo have to other, but i have one problem. It's not to do with my GC but with Shigsy himself. I don't really understand what he has to do with Mario and Luigi. I thought he had created them but when i eventually defeated Super Mario Land 2:^ Golden Coins, i watched the credits (i was bored O.K) and i saw that Shigsy's name wasn't mentioned at all. So what does Shigsy have to do with the Bros.?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.