GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is The Playstation2 so popular."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 15:55
Regular
Sorry, If I offend anyone by what I say in this post. I am not a fanboy and I do not wish this topic to turn into a console war, but there is just a few questions I would like to ask.

Firstly, I own a Nintendo Gamecube and PC,
No offence to any PS2 or Xbox fanboys but.
I think that Xbox is not worth bothering with because it is PC but with less power, It has the same type of Games as PC, and it's one True must have title, Halo , is coming out on PC anyway ( Summer 2003 ),Xbox is a great console don't get me wrong, but 95 % of all the games you can get for it are on Gamecube or PC,

PS2, great console, but I think people buy it because of the brand,
the owners had to wait 6 months for Gran Turismo 3, a great game, the only game I would of buyed for It, would have been Timesplitters before then,
PS2 owners then had to wait another year for their next true must have game
GTA3. which I have bought for PC six months later.

The only games I would buy for PS2 are Gta3, Mgs2 , Gt3 and FFX,

The PS2 in my opinion is popular is because the Playstation, whupped the N64, the N64 had better games than the Playstation but the Playstation had more games, so people instantly think, You should buy the Playstation ( 1 or 2) it has more choice because it has more games and therefore it is the better buy, which it is not.

Thankyou,

PS Can you name 5 great PS2 or Xbox games that are not

a) on the Gamecube or PC.

b) will ever appear on the Gamecube or PC

If in a series

c) games from Series have ever appeared on GC or PC

Sorry If I have offended anyone, It is my own opinion.
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:08
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Syphonical wrote:

> It's sad really

this whole topic is sad, REALLY
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Syphonical wrote:
>just like little boys have always
> pretended to hate little boys that they fancy.
>
> It's sad really

You are a genius, give this man a medal. He has discovered the reason why there are so many PS2 fanboys.

(I changed the quote, btw)
Genius
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:01
Regular
first of all, mister (whoever made this topic). I bought my PS2 cos I had a ps1 and it was brilliant. Second of all, the fact that games come out on lots of formats is a *GOOD* thing, it stops you having to own hundreds of consoles, like you did when sega and nintendo were warring.

And finally, all the games I have on my PS2 (MGS2, GTA3, Tony Hawks 3, Gran Turismo 3) are very good in my opinion.

I have mates with X-boxes and Gamecubes, but I am still happy (after playing on theirs) with my console.

So stop trying to start silly arguements about stuff that belongs in the schoolyard.
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:01
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
And XBox should
> be called XPort, since most of their's are just ports from PS2.

WTF?

60 XBOX exclusives in development.

So i suppose you calling the GC the GPort now? Because its got a few titles from PS2/Xbox.

What a retarded comment.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
It's a simple question with a simple answer.
The ps2 is most popular because it has been out longer and more people have bought it.
That's why sony lovers start console wars, cos there unhappy that there mummy won't let them get a good console, so they pretend they hate it,but actually they like it, just like little boys have always pretended to hate little girls that they fancy.

It's sad really
Thu 29/08/02 at 10:30
Regular
Ah ha, looks like we have one of those people who brought the PS2 to be "adult".

The fact DVDs make no diffrence to games and that the old "ps2 has more games" and "appeals to a wider aduiance" are more or less useless know.

Dont get me wrong i believe PS2 is as good as any other console but i see the excuse of the amount of games and being able to play dvds a little old showing that Ps2 owners are losing facts of why, in their minds, PS2 is that best.
Thu 29/08/02 at 10:19
Regular
PS2 wins out over other consoles, because it's got games for everyone. GameCube has a much more narrow selection and no dvd. And XBox should be called XPort, since most of their's are just ports from PS2. The PC does have a few exclusive titles, but most people cant be bothered with the hassle of installing and upgrades (not to mention the cost involved).
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:25
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
> Hi WelshMiyamoto, I have Max Payne, GTA3, Pro Evo, Herdy Gerdy, Metal
> Gear Solid and Tekken Tag, how about you?

I have Star Wars Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race Blue Storm and Super Smash Brothers Melee
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:00
Regular
rigth this is the third time of writing this, due to me losing connection so im going to not write as much as i did first time. (yes i know its not english).

PS2 did well becuase:

ps1 did well and saturn did badly, mainly becuase of the price and the circle of more people = more developers = more people and so on and so on.

Then the dreamcast came out and not many people got it due to the saturns dismal parformance.

Then PS2 came out and it was 128bit good reputation and so people got it.

Then along came the others but it was too late, i wish they released at the same time so we could see who won other the public.

I would say more but like you said you dont want a console wars topic.
Wed 28/08/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> Hello Honey_monster what games have you got for your PS2

Hi WelshMiyamoto, I have Max Payne, GTA3, Pro Evo, Herdy Gerdy, Metal Gear Solid and Tekken Tag, how about you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.